Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I don't have a TV that I can connect it to right now. Student life.
    I've got my monitor which is the Samsung SyncMaster 940BW - If anyone wants to google it, pretty terrible monitor.
    Since it doesn't have a HDMI slot; it has a DVI I'm sure. How would I set it up with my PS4? Also in a way where I can also use the PC for my normal day-to-day use, will I need a DVI cable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theguynextdoor)
    So I don't have a TV that I can connect it to right now. Student life.
    I've got my monitor which is the Samsung SyncMaster 940BW - If anyone wants to google it, pretty terrible monitor.
    Since it doesn't have a HDMI slot; it has a DVI I'm sure. How would I set it up with my PS4? Also in a way where I can also use the PC for my normal day-to-day use, will I need a DVI cable?
    You can use a HDMI to DVI adaptor without issues, just be aware that DVI doesn't carry audio- you'd need to connect an audio system via the optical output, or use headphones/speakers from the controller's audio port.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    You can use a HDMI to DVI adaptor without issues, just be aware that DVI doesn't carry audio- you'd need to connect an audio system via the optical output, or use headphones/speakers from the controller's audio port.
    Any cheap places other than amazon to get it from ^^?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theguynextdoor)
    Any cheap places other than amazon to get it from ^^?
    What's wrong with Amazon?

Maplin probably have something cheap.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    eBay or Amazon are your cheapest bet. Online retailers like scan will offer them cheap but hit you with postage. Maplin are expensive for anything that should be cheap

And as for audio avoid the optical port, it's more hassle than it's worth. Just use headphones from your controller.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.