Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

My name is Daga. I am a second year BA Fashion Communication and Styling student at Middlesex University.
    I am also a Course Ambassador for Fashion Design and Design Crafts.

I am here to help you and answer any questions regarding to Fashion Design, Fashion Textiles and Fashion Communication and styling courses and about life at Middlesex in general.

Daga

Middlesex University
    Course Ambassador
    Fashion Design and Design Crafts

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to have studied a foundation course?

A foundation it is not necessary. First Year give you opportunity to develop and learn a lot. However it help you develop your skills and feel more confident in the first year. Middlesex university currently have foundation course in its offer.

What should I include in my portfolio?

Portfolio is the most important in process of applying for fashion courses. Try to show all your skills, your personality and your interests in it. Please check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRSjpCx864 to get more information.

What facilities does Middlesex University offer?

Middlesex University offer a lot of amazing facilities! We got Photograph studios, darkrooms,Film studios, Print rooms, Material Rooms, 3D workshops and more!

Will I get taught how to use those facilities?

Yes, our amazing staff is always there to help you. In your first year they have lots introduction lesson, which give you opportunity to learn.

Will I have many exams?

No, Fashion students do not have exams. However courses are based on creative projects and your grades will be a result of your final outcomes and project work.

Where can I find student accommodation?

Finding Student accommodations at our university is easy. Two main halls – Usher and Plat are very close to University.Moreover,our staff can help you if you have any problems finding accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    This is a first post about my week at the MDX. I am going to post it every week.

This week was very interesting for me. We had very helpful technical workshops on photography. We learned how to set up lighting in the studio and outdoor. The group was very small so staff could help us with every single question, we could try everything we wanted. I really learned a lot from this workshops and I think it would be very helpful with my future projects and it will help with getting a job in future. It was also a week of briefs, a lot of projects started, which is super exciting. Now I am starting to make a researches and develop my ideas for a projects. Moreover, I spend my free time at the university's darkroom, developing my pictures, which helps me relax and spend my time productive. That was very good week, lot of work for the next one, but I cannot wait for future classes.

Hope you all have great time as well,

Daga

Middlesex Course Ambasador

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Another week is behind us, with great results so far!

That was pretty busy week for me, starting with visual essay deadline this Monday. We needed to find 15 images and related to them quotes, and explain our idea in essay. This is the preparation for longer essay after Christmas holidays. I think it's good that we have a long time to prepare a long essay and make a profound research.

I had also two lessons with tutors about film. I got feedbacks on my ideas, advice what I should check for my research and what should I do for a next week. It is very helpful because You never leave class without you not knowing what you do next. Moreover, my tutor helped me with creating a storyboards for videos. That was a first time when I was doing it, and I've been a little bit lost, so I really appreciate her help and all the time she devoted to answering all my questions.

Now I need to do lot of tests shoots, to test my ideas and different techniques of shooting.

In my free time I started to use Lynda.com, to which we have free access through the university. You can find lots of helpful tutorials about Photoshop, Premier Pro or InDesgin there. I want to expand my knowledge about editing videos, so that’s amazing that because of University I can do It so easily.

I had a great week, and I really hoping that yours was the same or even better

Daga

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Yet another week behind us.

It was very busy week, which go by for me very fast. I was filming tests shoots. This was a first time I ever done it, but that was very helpful to see how I need to film real thing, what works and what not. One of my test was made in the photography studio on Campus. I learned how to set up a lights for film. It is a little bit different that the set ups for photography, but studio team was very helpful, as always.

As every week, I Had my fashion film tutorials. It goes very well. We were showing to out teachers, tests shoot we produced this week. That was very interesting to get to know their opinion on our ideas and short videos we shoot. For the next week, we need to find models and locations, and create more tests.

That was yet another interesting and busy week at university, but in the same time I had so much fun.

Hope your week was great as well,

Daga

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

New week, new post.

Last week was very interested and exciting. First of all, open days at our university. That was my first time, but I was so much fun. We had opportunity to talk to potential students and their parents, and even get to know uni better. For example I explore TV studious for a first time during this weekend, and it was amazing.

Moreover my group and I had an amazing workshops this week. That was tutorial about editing films. We could ask any question we wanted and learn how to make our editing better. I am very excited for next week because I am filming my final videos that week, so cannot wait to tell you guys all about it.

Hope your weeks been great

Daga
    [/font]

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Another week at uni behind us!

And because that's last days before Christmas break, it is quite busy.

That was my last week before all of my deadlines, so hard work was necessary. I was filming last bits for my film projects this week, editing them and finishing my research sketchbooks. Lucy for me I could always count on my tutors, to help me with development of my projects. They give me right idea in which direction I should go with it and what should I change.

Hope your weeks been great

Daga

Middlesex Course Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Another week behind us!

I am currently doing my internship, in one of London based fashion brands.
    This is amazing opportunity, to learn how the real fashion industry look like and what is all about. Every fashion student from MDX University need to have min. 6 weeks work placement experience, as a part of studies. It means that I do not have any classes at uni at the moment. I already meet so many fashion related people and make many contacts, and also got ask to help with this year fashion show. So my weeks are very intense now, but It is so much fun in the same time. Hope your weeks been great

Daga

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Another week finished.

It is almost summer time. All my deadlines are coming to the end so it is pretty busy time at Uni. Lucky for me I have everything i need at the campus. I need to edit two of my final short films and finish my essay proposal research. I have this screening of my film coming. I am very great full for university to give me and my fashion film group opportunity to do screening of our final films in central London at cinema room. It is amazing to see your work in the big screen and can share with lot of people.

Ok, guys coming back to work. Hope you good.

Daga

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

This is it, i finished my second year at uni.

I cannot wait for October and my final third year. My deadlines went pretty well, and I get really good feedback from my teachers, so now i feel ready to spend my summer doing internships and getting ready for my last year at mdx. Now i have more time then usual so I went to see some nice exhibitions in London. It is very good that in city like that you can see so many interesting, inspiring things for free and spend your time in nice way. I thinks it is the most wonderful thing of studying in London in general.

Hope you having good time as well.

Daga

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I’ve finished the bulk of my studies now so I won’t be able to update you with what I’ve been up to in relation to my course! If you have any questions in the future, you can ask them here and they will be answered: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4590654 It’s been great speaking to all of you and I hope to see you in September!

Wish you very nice summer.

All the best for you!

Daga

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.