Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a Stayawake for Lepra on the 11th this month.
    I've entered the talent contest, but my act is really confusing.
    I'm using nunchucks; while the right hand is going over my shoulder and under my armpit, the left hand is doing wrist rolls around my wrist.
    How do I do this without failing?
    Thanks for any help
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That sounds dangerous. I imagine you wouldn't be allowed to sleep the night before right? Take energy drinks or coffee. Ginseng also is pretty good (I used that after all nighters and it worked a charm).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    That sounds dangerous. I imagine you wouldn't be allowed to sleep the night before right? Take energy drinks or coffee. Ginseng also is pretty good (I used that after all nighters and it worked a charm).
    What about the different movements?
    Any ideas?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    What about the different movements?
    Any ideas?
    I'm afraid I don't know how to advise on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'm afraid I don't know how to advise on that
    I don't think Ginseng would work.
    I looked at the side effects.
    Definetely a no to that.
    Can't have coffee either because of homeopathy.
    What energy drinks would you advise?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    I don't think Ginseng would work.
    I looked at the side effects.
    Definetely a no to that.
    Can't have coffee either because of homeopathy.
    What energy drinks would you advise?
    I don't know what that is. High caffeine will keep you awake but I'm not sure with regards to performance on stage, especially with an act that can be quite dangerous. I reckon Lucozade or Powerade I guess as it's used for sports. Probably best to avoid Red Bull....

This is why I don't like Googling symptoms or side effects. I've taken ginseng for years without any issues; it's a herbal medicine used worldwide. You could still buy a small batch from Holland and Barrett and see how that goes for the next few days. It's like a tenner each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I don't know what that is. High caffeine will keep you awake but I'm not sure with regards to performance on stage, especially with an act that can be quite dangerous. I reckon Lucozade or Powerade I guess as it's used for sports. Probably best to avoid Red Bull....

This is why I don't like Googling symptoms or side effects. I've taken ginseng for years without any issues; it's a herbal medicine used worldwide. You could still buy a small batch from Holland and Barrett and see how that goes for the next few days. It's like a tenner each.
    Oh. Fair enough.
    That's probably it in it's raw state

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.