CMFT Trainee Nursing Associate role - North West Watch

chatty_george
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Has anyone else applied for the Trainee Nursing Associate role at Central Manchester Foundation Trust? Has anyone else been accepted to interview? This is the first interview I've had for a job and I'm unsure what to expect exactly. It would be great to talk to people who have also applied.

Thanks!
Tomt77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have too. Have you had your interview yet ?
chatty_george
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomt77)
I have too. Have you had your interview yet ?
Hi!
Yes I had my interview last Monday but still waiting to hear from them. I've wanted to do nursing for ages but lacked the right qualifications to do the degree program. Getting really nervous for their response now!
Tomt77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chatty_george)
Hi!
Yes I had my interview last Monday but still waiting to hear from them. I've wanted to do nursing for ages but lacked the right qualifications to do the degree program. Getting really nervous for their response now!
. All seems very unorganised to me. Keep changing their minds about things! When is the enrollment date ?
Tomt77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Interview wasnt too bad was it
chatty_george
Rep:
?
Interview wasnt too bad was it
Yes! Seemed to be really unorganised. The enrolment date is January 31st when the post starts so they haven't really got long to pick candidates (if they've not already decided). The interview was really informal and relaxed. I just met someone from Manchester Metropolitan University and one of the Clinical Nurse Educators. Hoping that we get to hear from them soon!
Tomt77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes! Seemed to be really unorganised. The enrolment date is January 31st when the post starts so they haven't really got long to pick candidates (if they've not already decided). The interview was really informal and relaxed. I just met someone from Manchester Metropolitan University and one of the Clinical Nurse Educators. Hoping that we get to hear from them soon!
There recruiting again in the new year so can try again if your not accepted this time.
chatty_george
Rep:
?
Ah! Didn't know that! I know that it's a new role and it's already created some controversy over the ability to administer medications unsupervised but that's what the training at university is for which is what is generally misunderstood. Best of luck for this intake and like you said, if unsuccessful you can try again!
chatty_george
Rep:
?
Hey,
Just found out today that I've not been successful. Feel a bit disappointed really as I thought I gave it my all in the interview. Hope you got the news you were expecting!
Tomt77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,
Just found out today that I've not been successful. Feel a bit disappointed really as I thought I gave it my all in the interview. Hope you got the news you were expecting!
hi,
Sorry to hear that. But like i say they will recruit again so dont give up. I got the job but i have lost one of my gcse certificates and cant get a copy so not looking good
chatty_george
Rep:
?
hi,
Sorry to hear that. But like i say they will recruit again so dont give up. I got the job but i have lost one of my gcse certificates and cant get a copy so not looking good
Congratulations on getting the job! I'm really pleased for you! I think I might take some time out to gain work experience and then reapply to give myself the best possible chance I can. Have you worked in healthcare before? I hope your certificate turns up.
Tomt77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congratulations on getting the job! I'm really pleased for you! I think I might take some time out to gain work experience and then reapply to give myself the best possible chance I can. Have you worked in healthcare before? I hope your certificate turns up.
cheers. Yes i have been for the last 6 years. Where do you work now ?
chatty_george
Rep:
?
Have only ever volunteered and that wasn't for a very long time. Think I lacked the experience but I can always come back to it in the future. I currently work at Manchester Uni as a student Rep for languages so it would have been a big career change. Just always had that urge to care for others really.
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
consider the access to nursing courses on offer.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi where are these new roles advertised been searching for ages but couldn't find anything?
Thanks
chatty_george
Rep:
?
(Original post by 77798807)
Hi where are these new roles advertised been searching for ages but couldn't find anything?
Thanks
Hi,

This is a new role which has been incorporated into the NHS to tackle the shortfall of nurses in hospitals. The new nursing associate apprenticeships are due to start later this year (in September) throughout a select number of universities across the country. I have noticed recently that many trusts are only recruiting internally instead of externally meaning that they will only accept applications from staff such as healthcare assistants who are already employed by the trusts.

As information on this new role is quite limited I would suggest keeping an eye on the NHS Jobs website to see if you can find suitable vacancies and maybe contact your local trust's HR department to ask about whether they are intending to start this new role in 2017.

Best of luck with your search!
Chloe_sttn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I've been accepted to start the course on 31st march, just wondering if anyone is already on it, to see what there views are? Are you in one fixed placement with spokes or are you on a rota like a student nurse?
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the rgu now uses a hub and spoke system for its student nurses.
Pooks87
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya

I have my interview next week, what kind of questions will they ask? I'm so nervous
samrich
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!
Hi was just wondering what did they ask you in interview as I have one next week thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (57)
56.44%
No (44)
43.56%

Watched Threads