Turn on thread page Beta

CMFT Trainee Nursing Associate role - North West watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Has anyone else applied for the Trainee Nursing Associate role at Central Manchester Foundation Trust? Has anyone else been accepted to interview? This is the first interview I've had for a job and I'm unsure what to expect exactly. It would be great to talk to people who have also applied.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have too. Have you had your interview yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomt77)
    I have too. Have you had your interview yet ?
    Hi!
    Yes I had my interview last Monday but still waiting to hear from them. I've wanted to do nursing for ages but lacked the right qualifications to do the degree program. Getting really nervous for their response now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty_george)
    Hi!
    Yes I had my interview last Monday but still waiting to hear from them. I've wanted to do nursing for ages but lacked the right qualifications to do the degree program. Getting really nervous for their response now!
    . All seems very unorganised to me. Keep changing their minds about things! When is the enrollment date ?

ReputationRep:
    Interview wasnt too bad was it

ReputationRep:
    Interview wasnt too bad was it
    Yes! Seemed to be really unorganised. The enrolment date is January 31st when the post starts so they haven't really got long to pick candidates (if they've not already decided). The interview was really informal and relaxed. I just met someone from Manchester Metropolitan University and one of the Clinical Nurse Educators. Hoping that we get to hear from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Seemed to be really unorganised. The enrolment date is January 31st when the post starts so they haven't really got long to pick candidates (if they've not already decided). The interview was really informal and relaxed. I just met someone from Manchester Metropolitan University and one of the Clinical Nurse Educators. Hoping that we get to hear from them soon!
    There recruiting again in the new year so can try again if your not accepted this time.

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Didn't know that! I know that it's a new role and it's already created some controversy over the ability to administer medications unsupervised but that's what the training at university is for which is what is generally misunderstood. Best of luck for this intake and like you said, if unsuccessful you can try again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Just found out today that I've not been successful. Feel a bit disappointed really as I thought I gave it my all in the interview. Hope you got the news you were expecting!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Just found out today that I've not been successful. Feel a bit disappointed really as I thought I gave it my all in the interview. Hope you got the news you were expecting!
    hi,
    Sorry to hear that. But like i say they will recruit again so dont give up. I got the job but i have lost one of my gcse certificates and cant get a copy so not looking good

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    Sorry to hear that. But like i say they will recruit again so dont give up. I got the job but i have lost one of my gcse certificates and cant get a copy so not looking good
    Congratulations on getting the job! I'm really pleased for you! I think I might take some time out to gain work experience and then reapply to give myself the best possible chance I can. Have you worked in healthcare before? I hope your certificate turns up.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on getting the job! I'm really pleased for you! I think I might take some time out to gain work experience and then reapply to give myself the best possible chance I can. Have you worked in healthcare before? I hope your certificate turns up.
    cheers. Yes i have been for the last 6 years. Where do you work now ?

ReputationRep:
    Have only ever volunteered and that wasn't for a very long time. Think I lacked the experience but I can always come back to it in the future. I currently work at Manchester Uni as a student Rep for languages so it would have been a big career change. Just always had that urge to care for others really.

ReputationRep:
    consider the access to nursing courses on offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi where are these new roles advertised been searching for ages but couldn't find anything?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 77798807)
    Hi where are these new roles advertised been searching for ages but couldn't find anything?
    Thanks
    Hi,

This is a new role which has been incorporated into the NHS to tackle the shortfall of nurses in hospitals. The new nursing associate apprenticeships are due to start later this year (in September) throughout a select number of universities across the country. I have noticed recently that many trusts are only recruiting internally instead of externally meaning that they will only accept applications from staff such as healthcare assistants who are already employed by the trusts.

As information on this new role is quite limited I would suggest keeping an eye on the NHS Jobs website to see if you can find suitable vacancies and maybe contact your local trust's HR department to ask about whether they are intending to start this new role in 2017.

Best of luck with your search!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been accepted to start the course on 31st march, just wondering if anyone is already on it, to see what there views are? Are you in one fixed placement with spokes or are you on a rota like a student nurse?

ReputationRep:
    the rgu now uses a hub and spoke system for its student nurses.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I have my interview next week, what kind of questions will they ask? I'm so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Hi was just wondering what did they ask you in interview as I have one next week thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 8, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.