Turn on thread page Beta

WJEC GCSE Maths-Numeracy (New Wales only GCSE) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

How did you find today's Maths-Numeracy exam? I sat the intermediate tier exam and found it easier than the specimen materials! What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? My sister sat the higher tier exam and found it rather difficult which suprised me as her target is an A* (my target is a B)

ReputationRep:
    Higher tier was so difficult

ReputationRep:
    I didn't understand the last question with pi and arcs specifically how are you meant to express a currency as pi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MastInvincible)
    I didn't understand the last question with pi and arcs specifically how are you meant to express a currency as pi?
    I got stuck on this one as well ! Didn't get that , ended up with 27 pi or something wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh06)
    I got stuck on this one as well ! Didn't get that , ended up with 27 pi or something wrong
    I just said £10 ish or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's calculator-allowed exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh06)
    I think I got £2.70 pi, so we were probably/hopefully along the right lines?

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find fridays calc paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redacrylic)
    how did everyone find fridays calc paper?
    I found tuesdays exam easier than the calculator exam on friday, the last question on tax had me shaking me head... also for the last question on the 1st Numeracy paper I had 35 - 8 Pi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateRy)
    I found tuesdays exam easier than the calculator exam on friday, the last question on tax had me shaking me head... also for the last question on the 1st Numeracy paper I had 35 - 8 Pi.
    Yeah, I found the tax question really hard, but I ran it past my teacher afterwards and he got the same as me (1st August, £97.something). So fingers crossed it went ok.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for this weeks mathematics papers?

ReputationRep:
    I thought Unit 1 was alright, some bits were quite hard, so I probably performed averagely. I thought Unit 2 was wonderful, everything I revised for and based on model answers online and answers by my peers, I'm confident I did well.

(Original post by redacrylic)
    Has anyone got any predictions for this weeks mathematics papers?
    Well, my teachers aren't exactly sure if the topics are going to reset, as it's a new qualification or if they can still repeat. Either way, it's likely that new topics that weren't assessed on Numeracy will come up, such as, venn diagrams, dimensional analysis and perpendicular lines.

I'm expecting lots of algebra, some relatively straightforward equations towards the front and factorising or solving quadratics or algebraic fractions near the back. I also think there will be a few graph questions, such as transformations or trigonometric graphs. Pythagoras, ½abSinC and the Sine and Cosine Rules will almost certainly come up, though maybe not all of them. I also think there will be a fair bit of probability, based on the SAMs and the lack of it in Numeracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombre)
    Well, my teachers aren't exactly sure if the topics are going to reset, as it's a new qualification or if they can still repeat.
    My teacher seems fairly confident that the what comes up on numeracy is independent of what comes up on mathematics. So yeah, i think your predictions sound pretty solid, particularly the venn diagrams, I'll be really surprised if they don't show up at some point this week.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me how achieved a C or above in intermediate math and how was the exam?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.