Turn on thread page Beta

Do guys care what you talk to them about? watch

Say you've just properly met this guy and kinda like him, the first few times you talk say after lectures or something, does it really matter what you talk to him about? Or should you make conversation about anything just so he becomes comfortable around you?

Have a crush on this guy ://// used to blank him but I met him properly 2 days ago at this society
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I guess if you keep talking about uni stuff and coursework it gets boring. Open up and talk about hobbies and interests and you'll have a nice conversation and if he's interested in talking to you, he'll keep the conversation going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I guess if you keep talking about uni stuff and coursework it gets boring. Open up and talk about hobbies and interests and you'll have a nice conversation and if he's interested in talking to you, he'll keep the conversation going.
    I second that. Same goes for guys talkin' to girls. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, depends on what the person is to you
    If you are best friends he wont care much
    If he is your crush then you shouldn't be worried too much
    Just try figuring out what sort of a guy he is
    Is he a gamer
    Is he artistic
    Is he into debating
    Is he adventurous
    And after you are done
    Talk about those things a little
    its highly attractive to have someone who can relate
    And be a little yourself as you know him more and more
    You will find out what he likes and what he doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The thing is I'm interested in running, keeping fit and weightlifting but men often say they want women with 'feminine' interests but surely then that means he would have less in common with her. An ex bf even said I was a lesbien in the past because I talked about sport etc whereas he was more interested in how he looked and whether his hair looked OK or not.

ReputationRep:
    Yea... But if you look cute you get a pass for everything it'll make up for the lack of convo. Mmhm some guys are shallow like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Say you've just properly met this guy and kinda like him, the first few times you talk say after lectures or something, does it really matter what you talk to him about? Or should you make conversation about anything just so he becomes comfortable around you?

Have a crush on this guy ://// used to blank him but I met him properly 2 days ago at this society

It won't matter what you talk to him about, if their is chemistry both ways then you could read out of a Haynes car manual - he'll still be into you. However, consider/find out via facebook etc if he already has a girlfriend - this may or may not complicate things but even if he does and their is chemistry between the two of you he'll still be into you. If he eyes you up fairly regularly or their is that feeling in the air/awkwardness then he is into you. It's better to just talk about any old rubbish than stand around stalling while you try to think of the best thing to say - there is rarely a best thing to say. Talking to him about down to earth every day stuff will break down the barriers so which is most important. You don't have to build attraction where it naturally exists anyway.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by indigofox)
    The thing is I'm interested in running, keeping fit and weightlifting but men often say they want women with 'feminine' interests but surely then that means he would have less in common with her. An ex bf even said I was a lesbien in the past because I talked about sport etc whereas he was more interested in how he looked and whether his hair looked OK or not.
    Tbh, I think it's rather silly if they find your interests not 'feminine' enough. There are guys who will be interested in similar things to you so don't worry.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Depends on the guy. Best to use your brain and intuition.

I'd say it does and it doesnt.

If he likes you, then just be cautious and use some common sense. Funny, interesting and relevant are good. At the beginning there is much more tolerance.

You are still dating though, so try and avoid being offensive or too controversial as that might be a big turn off.

Some guys wont care, they might be just interested in sleeping wth you or they might be a bit dim.

Others might listen very carefully and assessing what you say as to cclues about who you are and whether they like you.

Its early days, so avoid extremes and anyone can find enough things to talk about as you are finding out about each other. Not all guys are good listeners. there is a strong tendency for them to like to talk about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    😂 I would have responded with are you gay?!
    I would have given a sexist comment back, hell even if it made me no better than him. The temptation to remark this would have been too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    😂 I would have responded with are you gay?!
    I would have given a sexist comment back, hell even if it made me no better than him. The temptation to remark this would have been too much.
    He had enough insecurities i didnt need to. He said my shoulders were are little broad for his liking too but im only 5ft and small boned lol, he was over 6ft but skinny, i could pick him up so that his feet were off the ground though! Thats why he wouldnt come running with me he said he was afraid it would make him skinnier.

ReputationRep:
    He had enough insecurities i didnt need to. He said my shoulders were are little broad for his liking too but im only 5ft and small boned lol, he was over 6ft but skinny, i could pick him up so that his feet were off the ground though! Thats why he wouldnt come running with me he said he was afraid it would make him skinnier.
    Well his loss right? And this makes you the better person anyway.
    My shoulders are a bit broad. I hope this doesn't bother guys too much. I mean I'm still skinny.
    What I would do to be able to lift my guy! Nah actually I'm hoping I get lifts. 😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.