Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a postgraduate student at University of Winchester in Msc International Business course. I have also receive a postgraduate loan to pay my tuition fees. At the momen I have only received the 1st installment of that loan. However, i have decided to suspend my student for personal reasons. I need to use a part of that loan to pay the 25% of my tuition fee in order to leave the course before the ending of the year. My questions are:
    1- Can I return the rest of the sum that I have received and that I don't need to use to the Student Finance by bank transfer?
    2- Will I be considered liable to return the sum that I would use straightaway? I have called the Postgraduate Student Finance and they told me that I could be considered over payed only in case my loan is a maintainance loans or a grants or an undergraduate loan.Is it correct?

    So I will have to repay the sum that I will use only when my income will be higher than £21000.

    Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    You can repay the loan or part of it at any point voluntarily, there will be interest accruing on any amount paid.

    As long as the university inform us you have withdrawn before the next payment is made you will not have an over-payment and would repay once earning over the threshold.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.