Turn on thread page Beta

I am 17 and should be in either college or sixth form but i left and am currwntly doing nothing. I want to join the police at 18 so i have a year to waste, what should i do for a year until i can apply for the police? Please help me out!! Its too late to go college so don't suggest that one please.

ReputationRep:
    If you're interested in getting into the police (in the UK, I assume) you could try to get into a police training course (I can't remember the proper name for them, but google should help you). From what I've heard, it's very hard to get into a UK police force without having done an external course or been a special constable or PCSO first, so I wouldn't count on just signing up as soon as you hit eighteen without putting some effort in earlier :/

(Original post by sek510i)
    If you're interested in getting into the police (in the UK, I assume) you could try to get into a police training course (I can't remember the proper name for them, but google should help you). From what I've heard, it's very hard to get into a UK police force without having done an external course or been a special constable or PCSO first, so I wouldn't count on just signing up as soon as you hit eighteen without putting some effort in earlier :/
    When can i start that though? At 17 now or when im 18?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for sure, to be honest. To become a special or a PCSO you have to be eighteen, and I think that OCR's policing qualification is for ages sixteen plus, but it's been a few years since I looked into it all properly.

If you're serious about joining the police, you could contact your local police force and ask them which qualifications they would be most likely to look for. It's in their best interests for you to do well, if you might be joining them one day

EDIT; Contact details should be on the force's website. If your local force doesn't seem helpful, don't forget about the British Transport Police

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.