Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need some serious advice.

Last year (Summer 2006) I did AS Economics, I hated the subject and after Christmas didn’t really bother turning up for the lessons. I thought I might scrape a C but ended up with a U.

The problem is that, because my grades are so low, I thought that they would automatically remove the U result from my slip. But now a year on I have got my Economics U back with the rest of my qualifications.

There isn’t any hope for me to re-sit. Ideally I would like to totally get rid of that qualification. How can I go about this?

My individual module marks are below:
    EC1 51/90 D
    EC2 22/90 U
    EC3 29/120 U
    WJEC Economics Overall: 102/300 U

Surely they can’t force me to keep it? Can I write to the exam body to decline the grade? Or another way?

Thanks for reading the long post. Hope you can help me.

Mike

ReputationRep:
    U's aren't certified, theres no proof you ever took the qualification? just never put it down.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have another situation here. I took Accounting unit 1,3 in this Jan and got and A in unit 1 and C in unit 3. I resited unit 3 along with taking unit 4 exam in June. But on result day, I only have my June unit 4 and no unit 3. I'm now stuck with my C in Jan. What shall I do. I know my June unit 3 must be better than the Januarry one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisRH)
    U's aren't certified, theres no proof you ever took the qualification? just never put it down.
    Can you explain this to me a bit more? What do you mean by not certified? Is only that one EC1 module cashed in? When I apply to university wont a U look really bad alongside my other grades? Will my referee tell my chosen universities what grades I have already?

I wish I could never put it down, but if it’s on my candidate number surely the people involved with my UCAS application will see it also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tIT4tOe)
    You should have common sense !! Go to your exam officer at your school. And looking at your economics grade !! B is a good grade, most people would die for a result like that. Arggh !! people like you make me sick ..!!
    :rolleyes: Shut up fool! Why would he be happy with a good grade, if he has the potential to achieve a brilliant grade? Good for you if you would be happy for a "B", but this person may not.

Quite a silly remark to make realy:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micky666)
    Can you explain this to me a bit more? What do you mean by not certified? Is only that one EC1 module cashed in? When I apply to university wont a U look really bad alongside my other grades? Will my referee tell my chosen universities what grades I have already?

I wish I could never put it down, but if it’s on my candidate number surely the people involved with my UCAS application will see it also.
    I'm sure uni's will only ask to see cerificates for evidence of grades mate. So providing you don't provide them with the certificate for economics, they'll be non-the-wiser

(Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    :rolleyes: Shut up fool! Why would he be happy with a good grade, if he has the potential to achieve a brilliant grade? Good for you if you would be happy for a "B", but this person may not.

Quite a silly remark to make realy:cool:

You shut up u fool !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm:rolleyes:
    I think you are in the wrong place to be arguing my freind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    I'm sure uni's will only ask to see cerificates for evidence of grades mate. So providing you don't provide them with the certificate for economics, they'll be non-the-wiser
    So when you apply to UCAS, nobody needs to ‘prove’ their grades? Am I not obligated to give a full list of my qualifications? Wouldn’t they catch me out down the line?

ReputationRep:
    Well your not lieing, it's your choice if you want to make them aware of an extra qualification; it's you porogative!

ReputationRep:
    you just don't " cash it in" someone was right when they said you need to speak to your examinations officer. Basicially if you got a U for an AS level you just pretend it doesn't exist, it's quite common for people to do this, just don't put it down any any form of application. I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't show up on your UCAS unless you put it there and uni's won't think any less less of you provided your a level results are decent. I've known many people to get AAA at level but have gotten a really poor grade at the "fourth" as( in our year most people got U's in biology and chemistry), of which most obviously go on to drop.

ReputationRep:
    yah

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.