Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks,

I just sat the MLAT for entry to Oxford to study French and Beginner's Russian. Therefore I did the French section and the Language aptitude section too.

I found it a bit harder than the tests I'd practiced at home, but it wasn't disastrous. I am already aware of the many errors I made in my French test. As for the language aptitude one, I once again thought it was harder. But I think I did alright (didn't finish it, but apparently most people don't finish it), but it's quite difficult to tell really.

So what did you all think? And feel free to talk about sections other than the ones I did!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't discuss specifics or the thread will probably be removed. It's not allowed in the rules because not everyone has sat the test yet!!!

ReputationRep:
    You´re the first person I´ve come across who is also applying to Beginners´s Russian!
    I´m applying to study it with Spanish. I did think the aptitude one was waaaay harder than all the past papers I did for practice, but I managed to finish it so now I´m worried I got it wrong.

The Spanish was... I think I´ve blocked it from my memory to be honest.
    Out of interest what kind of stuff did you put in your personal statement to show your interest in Russian? And where else have you applied?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.