Turn on thread page Beta

I work at McDonald's. AMA. watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like McDonald's get's a lot of negative publicity or whenever anyone hears the word, it just springs negative connotations to mind.

It would be nice to eradicate any bad myths or queries people have about it, so I'm more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

I will do my best to elaborate as much as I can and be as honest as I can

Background: I've been working there for 2 years and I'm currently an Area Leader/Floor Manager.

ReputationRep:
    Show us your toes!

ReputationRep:
    What do uu think of ur job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Show us your toes!
    Should I have abnormal toes because I work in McDonald's or is this just a fetish of yours

ReputationRep:
    do you jizz in the big mac sauce:banned:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sacra898)
    do you jizz in the big mac sauce:banned:
    Always. When I look at a Big Mac, I just gotta let myself go. It's like a sprinkler system down there. It's not that consistency for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    Worst and favourite part of working there?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    How big is your big mac?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    What do uu think of ur job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I genuinely love my job : )

To put it into perspective, I failed Year 12 because I loved working there too much.
    I ended up working at least 40 hours per week (during term-time) and even more during the holidays. It came to a point when school became less of a priority than my job.

When people think of McDonald's, it may not have the best reputation, but at the end of the day, it's a business. Just because it's McDonald's and the nature of the job, doesn't make it any different in terms of the challenges it presents working there.

P.S. Don't worry, I retook Year 12 and things are improving : ) Will be sending off my UCAS application soon, so I managed to recover myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaredzzC)
    I feel like McDonald's get's a lot of negative publicity or whenever anyone hears the word, it just springs negative connotations to mind.

It would be nice to eradicate any bad myths or queries people have about it, so I'm more than happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Background: I've been working there for 2 years and I'm currently an Area Leader/Floor Manager.
    Did you mean greasy goodness?

Can u hire meh pls? I am 17 i need a job

Still so you nick like a chip or something while on a shift?
    Or do you take like the ice cream machine home at night and return it at 4am so no-one notices and u get unlimited mcflurries?

ReputationRep:

Have you ever heard of/seen anyone spitting in food before?

ReputationRep:
    Can you give us a discount? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Worst and favourite part of working there?
    Favourite: The people. I know this is a fairly generic answer, but the people make the job. I wouldn't be working there if I worked with people I didn't get on with. We are all like a family, we all get on well so it makes things all the more enjoyable.

Aside from the generic response, then I love the flexibility. Due to the nature of the jobs, you get a lot of students working there or people with other commitments, so they're extremely flexible in terms of hours/shifts. It makes life a lot easier and it allows you to balance your school and social life really well.

Worst: It would be between the stress/busyness of the restaurant and the customers (sorry! - I did say I was going to be honest).

In terms of stress/busyness, McDonald's is almost always busy. Apart from your scheduled break, you're always having to run back and forth, constantly be attentive and polite even in circumstances that don't really justify it.

Don't get me wrong, It's an absolute pleasure serving most customers. I'm happy to provide a great service to them and look for ways to positively contribute to their day, but some customers take the piss.

I think because we work in McDonald's, some people immediately assume that we don't have more than one brain cell and are completely incompetent in everything that we do. Quite the contrary, you have many people working who have a degree and most employees are students. We do get treated quite fouly, but we just have to deal with it and apologise.

Common response:

*Customers has been waiting 1 minute*: WTF, you call this fast-food?! I've been waiting 30minutes and I haven't received my food yet. This is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Springwort)
    Have you ever heard of/seen anyone spitting in food before?
    This is something I thought was going to be bought up and I'm glad it has because it means I can address it : )

No is the answer.
    We take things like that very seriously.
    They are unbelievably rigorous on hygiene and quality of food.

We have a thing called 'Gold Standard' which outlines the characteristics of all our products. Their texture, appearance, etc and if any product doesn't meet the criteria, then we shouldn't serve it.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite: The people. I know this is a fairly generic answer, but the people make the job. I wouldn't be working there if I worked with people I didn't get on with. We are all like a family, we all get on well so it makes things all the more enjoyable.

Aside from the generic response, then I love the flexibility. Due to the nature of the jobs, you get a lot of students working there or people with other commitments, so they're extremely flexible in terms of hours/shifts. It makes life a lot easier and it allows you to balance your school and social life really well.

Worst: It would be between the stress/busyness of the restaurant and the customers (sorry! - I did say I was going to be honest).

In terms of stress/busyness, McDonald's is almost always busy. Apart from your scheduled break, you're always having to run back and forth, constantly be attentive and polite even in circumstances that don't really justify it.

Don't get me wrong, It's an absolute pleasure serving most customers. I'm happy to provide a great service to them and look for ways to positively contribute to their day, but some customers take the piss.

I think because we work in McDonald's, some people immediately assume that we don't have more than one brain cell and are completely incompetent in everything that we do. Quite the contrary, you have many people working who have a degree and most employees are students. We do get treated quite fouly, but we just have to deal with it and apologise.

Common response:

*Customers has been waiting 1 minute*: WTF, you call this fast-food?! I've been waiting 30minutes and I haven't received my food yet. This is a joke.
    busyness isnt a word
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    How many things are on the secret menu and how often are they asked for?

Will you carry on working there whilst at Uni?

What about after? Graduate career as well?

How much is the discount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Can you give us a discount? :teehee:
    Can't sorry ;( We aren't even allowed discounts on all of our products.
    We get a discount card which entitles us to discounts on meals.

If you have a friend that works in McDonald's then they are allowed to provide themselves and one other person with them a discount Don't have to work there to get the discount.

If we want to buy separate items that aren't part of a meal (McFlurry, Cheeseburger etc) there is no discount for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    busyness isnt a word
    Haha, knew it didn't look right. It just didn't appear as incorrect using the spellchecker so I assumed it was right.

Contradicted myself there : D You get what I mean though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Where do you work?
    South West : ) Don't want to be too specific.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.