Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if these are acceptable as student nursing shoes or if they aren't covered enough because of the t-bar?

http://m.asos.com/dr-martens/dr-mart...FcG6Gwod0esFHw

ReputationRep:
    I've seen staff wear them in my current place and no ones said anything, but equally I've seen other members of staff wear similar in different departments and been sent home to change. I think it will depend on where you're on placement tbh. I would invest in some more covered if it were me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0506)
    I've seen staff wear them in my current place and no ones said anything, but equally I've seen other members of staff wear similar in different departments and been sent home to change. I think it will depend on where you're on placement tbh. I would invest in some more covered if it were me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'm thinking I might hold off on these til later on when I'm settled somewhere and know what they will and won't accept. I've seen nurses and midwives wearing these but not worth risking it at that price just yet. Thanks! ☺️
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by allym123)
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if these are acceptable as student nursing shoes or if they aren't covered enough because of the t-bar?

http://m.asos.com/dr-martens/dr-mart...FcG6Gwod0esFHw
    I would strongly recommend against getting these. If you or someone else were to drop a needle then you could get hurt. Also these are not ideal for showering patients or if something unpleasant were to be spilled - which does happen and is not fun to deal with. Go for something which covers your entire foot for your own safety and comfort. You're much better off having something that will undoubtedly be acceptable to all placements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allym123)
    Hi,

http://m.asos.com/dr-martens/dr-martens-core-polley-t-bar-flat-shoes/prd/6755422?iid=6755422&affid=14179& channelref=product%20search&mk=a bc&currencyid=1&gclid=CMny74Wwit ACFcG6Gwod0esFHw
    Ditto what others have said RE covering the whole of your foot.

Not sure of your budget but these are pretty pricey. I personally don't look to pay more than £50. Try Clarks, they are often good.

I personally wear a pair of black leather New Balance 624V4s and they are really comfy.

ReputationRep:
    As my tutor told us today don't wear shoes that can't be wiped and ones that can let bodily fluids in as you don't want to be walking around with that possibly in your shoes!

I've found a few nice pairs in schuh which are wipeable and covered trainers with laces in white (we can have black or white) in the 60-80 price range and brands like nike and Lacoste. Now just to pick which pair of very similar shoes I prefer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.