Turn on thread page Beta

Can you retake an A level module after leaving sixth form watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in university doing pure maths, I just found out im 5 ums from an A in a level maths
    Can I retake a module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    I'm in university doing pure maths, I just found out im 5 ums from an A in a level maths
    Can I retake a module?
    Honestly, if you are already in university I would forget about retaking anything at A-level. Focus on your degree, people will care about that more. I got a B at A-level maths, got accepted to a maths Bsc degree at university of york and get 2:1/1st in assignments and modules. Forget the A-level now.

Also if you already cashed in your marks to get the full A-level grade (which you must have to be in uni now) then yes it is too late to retake the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chees006)
    Honestly, if you are already in university I would forget about retaking anything at A-level. Focus on your degree, people will care about that more. I got a B at A-level maths, got accepted to a maths Bsc degree at university of york and get 2:1/1st in assignments and modules. Forget the A-level now.

Also if you already cashed in your marks to get the full A-level grade (which you must have to be in uni now) then yes it is too late to retake the exam.
    Lol I just wish I could show off with saying I got an A for a level

ReputationRep:
    Lol I just wish I could show off with saying I got an A for a level
    Show off with a 1st in your degree :P it's much more impressive, trust me. Anyone bragging about their A-levels should know even an A* doesn't mean anything if you do no work from here on out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chees006)
    Show off with a 1st in your degree :P it's much more impressive, trust me. Anyone bragging about their A-levels should know even an A* doesn't mean anything if you do no work from here on out.
    I'm already working towards my degree but it sucks not even having one A at a levels

well a level grades will stick with you for life and so will your degree level. you could retake for your employers to show, but you must do well in your degree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm already working towards my degree but it sucks not even having one A at a levels
    Retake the module after uni then.

ReputationRep:
    Can I retake a module?
    yes you can, the A level spec is changing but unit resits will be available until the last opportunity in summer 2019
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Can I retake a module?
    You can do it after you have completed your degree.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.