The Student Room Group

Can't find a qualification in list

Hi,

I'm listing all of the qualifications I have on my UCAS account, but I can't find any option for the GCSE Core Science qualification I took when I was in year 9. Does anyone know what this qualification is called on UCAS?

The exam board was OCR and it had two exam papers, the first one contained the modules b1, c1, p1, and the second one contained the modules b2, c2, p2.

Thanks
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Hi,

I'm listing all of the qualifications I have on my UCAS account, but I can't find any option for the GCSE Core Science qualification I took when I was in year 9. Does anyone know what this qualification is called on UCAS?

The exam board was OCR and it had two exam papers, the first one contained the modules b1, c1, p1, and the second one contained the modules b2, c2, p2.

Thanks

What did it say on your certificates?

It's likely that these modules were contributing to your final GCSE grades in Yr 11.
Original post by PQ
What did it say on your certificates?

It's likely that these modules were contributing to your final GCSE grades in Yr 11.

I haven't been given a certificate for it, and it was independent of my year 11 GCSE grades because I did core science in year 9, and then in year 10, I started studying for triple science where biology, chemistry and physics are examined separately.
I haven't been given a certificate for it, and it was independent of my year 11 GCSE grades because I did core science in year 9, and then in year 10, I started studying for triple science where biology, chemistry and physics are examined separately.

It likely wasn't certified then. Your school might have just used it as an internal test to help you prepare for triple science in Yr 10.

Contact your secondary school if you like to ask if the exams resulted in a formal qualification but most schools love to give out any and all certificates to their pupils so if you didn't get one that probably means there wasn't one.
Reply 4

It looks like the triple science supercedes the core science. So you don't declare it separately.
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/blog/aqa-science-gcses-explanation-parents-2/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It looks like the triple science supercedes the core science. So you don't declare it separately.
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/blog/aqa-science-gcses-explanation-parents-2/

Posted from TSR Mobile

My exam was OCR so it was slightly different. I've just realised that the exam I sat for 'core science' was in fact called Science B anyway XD.
Science B had b1, b2, c1, c2, p1, p2 and the triple science exams covered that plus b3, b4, b5, b6, c3, c4, c5, c6, p3, p4, p5, p6 so they wouldn't be classed as the same qualification.
My exam was OCR so it was slightly different. I've just realised that the exam I sat for 'core science' was in fact called Science B anyway XD.
Science B had b1, b2, c1, c2, p1, p2 and the triple science exams covered that plus b3, b4, b5, b6, c3, c4, c5, c6, p3, p4, p5, p6 so they wouldn't be classed as the same qualification.

Contact your school.

Quick Reply

Latest