Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is a bad idea to send my application without TOEFL? I know uni includes IELTS/TOEFL requirements in their offers but maybe it can compromise my application...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by apaulo5)
    It is a bad idea to send my application without TOEFL? I know uni includes IELTS/TOEFL requirements in their offers but maybe it can compromise my application...
    You need to include all your qualifications, so if you already have completed TOEFL you must include it even if it doesn't meet their requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You need to include all your qualifications, so if you already have completed TOEFL you must include it even if it doesn't meet their requirements.
    But an application without TOEFL score doesn't have any drawback opposed to an application with TOEFL score?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by apaulo5)
    But an application without TOEFL score doesn't have any drawback opposed to an application with TOEFL score?
    No. An application sent without a TOEFL score will get a conditional offer saying the TOEFL must be done before August 31st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No. An application sent without a TOEFL score will get a conditional offer saying the TOEFL must be done before August 31st.
    Okay, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is it required to
    1) send the whole application first and the universities get my TOEFL results by the score reporting service, or
    2) I need to have my TOEFL results already in before I submit my application?

Is it possible that I just need to enter my Reference number from TOEFL registration (without having written the TOEFL and without getting the scores yet) and send the application? Does not having TOEFL scores immediately obstructs my appliation until I have them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Sorry to butt in on your topic but can I also ask people a question about UCAS? My son didn't do GCSE ICT, but did the equivalent of it a year later at college, getting Grade C. It's City and Guilds Level 2 in ICT -Grade Pass. [which is the same as GCSE grade C. Surely he wouldn't have to put down on his UCAS application this City and Guilds qualification, would he? He has 7 "proper" GCSE's and the course he is applying for is nothing to do with IT. Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kolowner)
    Hi,
    Is it required to
    1) send the whole application first and the universities get my TOEFL results by the score reporting service, or
    2) I need to have my TOEFL results already in before I submit my application?

Is it possible that I just need to enter my Reference number from TOEFL registration (without having written the TOEFL and without getting the scores yet) and send the application? Does not having TOEFL scores immediately obstructs my appliation until I have them?
    Option 1. You must make sure you do the TOEFL and get the result before 31st August 2017.

(Original post by markova21)
    Hi, Sorry to butt in on your topic but can I also ask people a question about UCAS? My son didn't do GCSE ICT, but did the equivalent of it a year later at college, getting Grade C. It's City and Guilds Level 2 in ICT -Grade Pass. [which is the same as GCSE grade C. Surely he wouldn't have to put down on his UCAS application this City and Guilds qualification, would he? He has 7 "proper" GCSE's and the course he is applying for is nothing to do with IT. Thanks.
    It's a much better idea to make your own thread, because your question has nothing to do with TOEFL. Your question has also already been answered many times in other threads.

All qualifications must be declared, so this City And Guilds must be included. But unis are unlikely to care if it isn't relevant to the course applied for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Option 1. You must make sure you do the TOEFL and get the result before 31st August 2017.

It's a much better idea to make your own thread, because your question has nothing to do with TOEFL. Your question has also already been answered many times in other threads.

All qualifications must be declared, so this City And Guilds must be included. But unis are unlikely to care if it isn't relevant to the course applied for.
    Thank you [and sorry] !

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.