The Student Room Group

Need some advice on Uni courses

So i'm in my first year of sixth form, and wanna get a rough idea of a course or multiple that i would like to aim for.

I personally see myself as doing something mechanical or engineering wise, and love cars so can doing something like car engineering maybe or become an aeronautical engineer.

Problem is, most engineering courses require Maths and Physics. I'm not doing a science at alevel and I am doing Core Maths, not real Maths. Core maths for those who dont know is on the same level as a btec i think...

I also do gov and politics, english lang, and ICT. Now I don't want to go to a russel group uni, and currently live in Dubai anyway, so don't even mind going to a uni outside of the UK if its easier or they offer a cool course.

Now I am not a very academic individual, so i'm open to an engineering course that is a lower level than your bog standard course if it exists (kinda like a btec and an alevel).

Just wanted to know what someone like me would look into. I have looked at apprenticeships, but am not interested.

Thanks for reading guys, look forward to reading responses.
Reply 1
Original post by massiveretard
So i'm in my first year of sixth form, and wanna get a rough idea of a course or multiple that i would like to aim for.

I personally see myself as doing something mechanical or engineering wise, and love cars so can doing something like car engineering maybe or become an aeronautical engineer.

Problem is, most engineering courses require Maths and Physics. I'm not doing a science at alevel and I am doing Core Maths, not real Maths. Core maths for those who dont know is on the same level as a btec i think...

I also do gov and politics, english lang, and ICT. Now I don't want to go to a russel group uni, and currently live in Dubai anyway, so don't even mind going to a uni outside of the UK if its easier or they offer a cool course.

Now I am not a very academic individual, so i'm open to an engineering course that is a lower level than your bog standard course if it exists (kinda like a btec and an alevel).

Just wanted to know what someone like me would look into. I have looked at apprenticeships, but am not interested.

Thanks for reading guys, look forward to reading responses.

You might want to look into doing an engineering degree with a foundation year. These are perfect for people who don't have the right subjects to go straight onto the degree. You'll also cover the different types of engineering, so it will help narrow down which one you enjoy most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending