Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is medium hard, theres a lot of it too - but it is fascinating especially human biology and theres loads of good video and lectures on Biology online for free and wikipedias OK too.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE biology is easy when compared to AS level biology so if you do decide to take biology on I recommend that you start working from day 1. Overall I quite enjoyed AS level biology but at A2 I am finding that it contains quite a bit of chemistry (which I hate). Yes biology is well respected but only choose it if you enjoy it because you will usually do better in subjects you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sean3000)
    I dont think i would like to use the word 'hard' for any A level, and it is true that Biology is the least complicated of all the sciences, i say this partly because Chem, Maths and Physics all involve calculations. If you have a geniune interest in the human body then Biology is a great choice, i took it in conjuction with the other sciences and i enjoyed it by far the most. I studied the OCR modules (through my own choice) because they have a particulaly intersting module on Health and Disease. Put in the work, show a genuine interest and you will do well in Biology. I got a C at GCSE (4 years ago) just finished my AS and got 100% in all 3 modules so dont think that an outstanding GCSE is a pre-requiste for achieving an A.
    I'm taking it at a level and study the OCR modules aswell, in my GCSE results I got an A in core science and B in additional although I should have got an A. In my biology exam I got an A* in core science and A in additional science. If I put the work in and do 45 mins a night from the start revision after school will this be enough? I'd love to get an A but I've been told it's the hardest a level and almost like a different language haha!

ReputationRep:
    It's full of ROTE MEMORIZATION and if you aren't prepared for it you aren't prepared for it you aren't prepared for Biology

ReputationRep:
    I did biology psychology pe and geography at AS. Bio was by far the hardest, so much to learn and answering exam questions is much more difficult. I revised really hard (literally gave up my life for weeks) and I got a C at AS, which I was very happy with I got a B at GCSE with barely revising. This subject is not easy.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaa. What if u dont have biology at GCSE? Is biology A level (accelerated course) a good option then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.