Turn on thread page Beta

Decisions Decisions on contraception watch

Hello, I can't decide between staying on the POP pill (Cerazette) and getting the implant.
    What are your experiences on these? e.g. moods, acne/spots, bleeding, libido
    Please help me to decide.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, I can't decide between staying on the POP pill (Cerazette) and getting the implant.
    What are your experiences on these? e.g. moods, acne/spots, bleeding, libido
    Please help me to decide.
    I haven't used the pill before because of medication clashes, and the fact I'm awful at remembering to take them, but I do have the implant. It stopped my periods completely, and I haven't had any side effects. My favourite thing about it is that once it's in I'm set for 3 years and there's nothing to forget to take, or to lose, or anything like that. It's completely up to you and if you're happy with the pill, don't make the decision to switch too lightly. My experience definitely won't be that of everyone. Have you considered discussing this with a doctor to see which may be best for you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I was on the implant for 4.5 years. The first one was pretty good. Occasional breakthrough bleeding but nothing to "write home about". Acne was just normal hormonal stuff every now and again and my mood wasn't too bad. Though I did feel that when I was down it seemed to be exacerbated a bit. Fast forward to my second implant and it was hell on Earth. I bled for 20 days, had 5 days rest and was back to bleeding again. My mood was terrible (but probably because I was miserable from the constant period) and never wanted to have sex. It just goes to show it's not only the person that is effected by it in different ways! Ultimately you could have one put in and removed if your body doesn't agree with it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.