Turn on thread page Beta

Excuses to leave the house for a doctors appointment without parents becoming suspici watch

I have made a doctors appointment for 5:00pm (by then it will be dark) and my dad won't be too keen on me leaving anyway unless I wasn't going somewhere directly to meet someone. I am not one to just leave the house or go out on foot by myself apart from going to and front college. My appointment is not on a college day so I can't say "I'm staying late to study". I can't say I'm going around a 'friends' because I have no friends in my area. This might sound stupid but I want my appointment to be confidential and I don't want my parents to know. If I told them I had made an appointment already they would get suspicious and I don't want that. I would probably only be gone for an hour or so.

Any advice would be must appreciated, Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You have to go to the shop to get something? If your dad starts insisting on details then tell him you have to buy tampons or something (if you're female, that is). Or something for a school project you're working on - pens / glue / etc.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have made a doctors appointment for 5:00pm (by then it will be dark) and my dad won't be too keen on me leaving anyway unless I wasn't going somewhere directly to meet someone. I am not one to just leave the house or go out on foot by myself apart from going to and front college. My appointment is not on a college day so I can't say "I'm staying late to study". I can't say I'm going around a 'friends' because I have no friends in my area. This might sound stupid but I want my appointment to be confidential and I don't want my parents to know. If I told them I had made an appointment already they would get suspicious and I don't want that. I would probably only be gone for an hour or so.

Any advice would be must appreciated, Thank you
    You could say you're helping set up for an event at college. It's pretty good timing for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mum usually does all the shopping as she's pretty precise about it... I'm thinking I could say I need to go to the shops to get supplies for my assignments but around that time my dad would be making his way home and my mum would probably ask him to stop for me. My college is quite far away and the bus timetables don't correlate and my mum would check to see which bus I was getting on... The downsides of being a 17 year old introvert.

say it's a dentist appointment for toothache or something

or opticians

ReputationRep:
    can't you rearrange the appointment for a less suspicious time?

you could say you've made a new friend at college who you're meeting? Decide to take up running?

Ok so I assume most people don't update but I went to the doctors appointment! I told my mum and she didn't ask any questions which hurt me alittle but at the same time I was relieved. The appointment was a huge deal for me. Thanks alot for your replies!!

ReputationRep:
    'I've just taken up pokemon go and there's a massive charizard outside of the doctors, i'll be back in half hour'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.