Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I just recently got an email invite for an interview at RVC. Could anyone give me any tips? I have no idea what to expect and I feel pretty nervous...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations - is this the Gateway or the D100?

I only know what is published on the RVC Vet Med Selection Process...

"Interviews follow a multi-mini interview (MMI) format. The interviews are designed to test different attributes and characteristics at each station and are intended to test applicant’s nonacademic attributes and suitability for the course. Applicants will also undertake an observed group task for which they are scored and this is added to their total score. Further details will be provided to successful applicants in their interview invitation."

As it says, you should be provided further info in your email - I believe this may include the MMI station topics

Tips - Know your personal statement and work experience inside out. Refer to Interview Preparation thread at the top of the forum.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the accelerated course (so D102), as I'm applying as a graduate
    The email doesn't go into too much detail, it just says that they want to assess your knowledge of the veterinary career, curiosity, understanding.... but it doesn't say anything else apart from that and mentioning that there's 15 stations with one group interview.
    Thank you for your tips anyway I'll definitely have a look at the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nene2439)
    Hello! I just recently got an email invite for an interview at RVC. Could anyone give me any tips? I have no idea what to expect and I feel pretty nervous...
    Thanks
    what date? mine is on the 30th November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietHarry)
    Oh! Congratulations Mine is on the 2nd of December What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    grad vet med

ReputationRep:
    grad vet med
    oh awesome! Hopefully we'll be on the same course

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the 2nd of December for grad entry too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britanniee)
    Mine is the 2nd of December for grad entry too!
    Oh yay! Good luck then What degree are you doing at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Hi there I'm in my 3rd year studying Vet Med at the RVC and I'm intercalating at the moment. My interview was awhile ago and we aren't allowed to say the specifics about the interview process to prospective students as it could give an unfair advantage. However, the information you are given in the interview invitation is invaluable. One thing I would say is don't worry too much, many of the interviewers are lecturers and they really want you to do well so they will help you as much as they can . Just take a deep breath, try to relax and let your enthusiasm come through . We are all rooting for you and for me it was one of the nicest interviews I had so don't panic its not as bad as it sounds I promise . Hope that helps and any questions feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    Oh yay! Good luck then What degree are you doing at the moment?
    I'm doing biovet at RVC, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britanniee)
    I'm doing biovet at RVC, what about you?
    I'm doing medical sciences in Wales

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on the 2nd December too for the Grad program.. how are you all feeling about it? Had any interviews anywhere else yet?

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview for grad veterinary on the 30th of November. Feeling very nervous and daunted by what they could ask! 😨

ReputationRep:
    I got my interview offer today for undergrad!!

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, did applications for your chosen pathway close on the 15th of October like most of the courses?
    I've applied for the gateway course which doesn't close until January so was unsure if interviews would take place before closing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceG99)
    Out of interest, did applications for your chosen pathway close on the 15th of October like most of the courses?
    I've applied for the gateway course which doesn't close until January so was unsure if interviews would take place before closing.
    yes my deadline was also 15th october so no interviews before the deadline

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.