95 overall
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by KaashniM
95 overall

Which school?
Original post by jamestg
Applied 12th Oct, predicted A*A*A and got AAAB last year.

Still haven't heard back, what a joke.

Applied around the same time, predicted A*A*A* got AAAA last year and still nothing, such a piss take
Reply 83
Original post by DziNe
I applied on the 15th, AS AAAA A2 predicted A*AA and am also still waiting, it's because they're waiting till they have all applications in (15th Jan I think) for Economics to make offers to people except for those with the absolute top grades and statements etc.

I've got literally the same stats, applied mid Nov but nothing yet
Warwick Offer L100 2017:

A*AA (at least A in maths)
8A*s and 2As at GCSE
3A*s (Maths, Chemistry and Economics) and A (Further Maths) at A-level prediction
I received it 3rd Jan 2017 - really happy and hope to see some you in October! :smile:
I got an offer on January 5th after I applied December 31st. Don't really know how to feel about a uni spending 5 days to review an application :frown::frown::frown:. Does Warwick have a good reputation for economics (or just overall)?

GCSE: 13 A*'s and A's
A Level: 3 A*s (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science), 1 A (Physics). I'm on a gap year right now.
Original post by RKeyensJ
I got an offer on January 5th after I applied December 31st. Don't really know how to feel about a uni spending 5 days to review an application :frown::frown::frown:. Does Warwick have a good reputation for economics (or just overall)?

GCSE: 13 A*'s and A's
A Level: 3 A*s (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science), 1 A (Physics). I'm on a gap year right now.

Impossible to fault your stats! But, they only sent it so quick as you have already achieved your grades, so they don't really need to do much filtering. Warwick was voted the best Economics department I think two years ago, and they are a target uni in many job sectors, I don't think anyone can question Warwick's reputation.

Good luck with the rest of your offers (Where else have you applied?)!

I also applied on the 14th Oct with 3A* 1A prediction and have heard nothing back :frown:
I applied to LSE to study Maths with Economics (just peacefully awaiting that rejection letter :u::u::u:), UCL Mathematics with Economics and Economics with a Year Abroad, and KCL Mathematics with Management; I guess I don't really expect to get rejected by the latter two.

All the best with your application!
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there an offer holders day for the economics course?
Original post by Harry_Street
Warwick Offer L100 2017:

A*AA (at least A in maths)
8A*s and 2As at GCSE
3A*s (Maths, Chemistry and Economics) and A (Further Maths) at A-level prediction
I received it 3rd Jan 2017 - really happy and hope to see some you in October! :smile:

When did u apply
just got rejected for econ :frown:
Original post by romaiseb
Is there an offer holders day for the economics course?

Yep. I got an email to book a slot for an offer holder open day. There are 4. It isn't mandatory though
How long till I get my rejection boys

7A*s GCSE, couple As
3As at A2 (econ, pol and history)

Taking A2 maths in spare time during gap year, predicted A*

Thought I'd get an offer, but just wanted to say the magnitude of the Warwick applications this year is amazing, so many straight A*s!
Got my Warwick Offer today, alongside 1 other in my school, weird cause we have all been waiting since October.

Stats:
AS - AAAB
A2 Prediction : A*A*A*A - A in Economics, A* FM, A* History, A* Maths
Sent - Mid Oct - before OXBRIDGE DEADLINE.

Similar to my other friend: Although he had 4A's at AS, and 4A* Predictions with 12*'s at GCSE :smile:

All the best to everyone else!
Original post by econprospective
Got my Warwick Offer today, alongside 1 other in my school, weird cause we have all been waiting since October.

Stats:
AS - AAAB
A2 Prediction : A*A*A*A - A in Economics, A* FM, A* History, A* Maths
Sent - Mid Oct - before OXBRIDGE DEADLINE.

Similar to my other friend: Although he had 4A's at AS, and 4A* Predictions with 12*'s at GCSE :smile:

All the best to everyone else!

Congrats!! Still haven't heard back and I applied 12th October. They're taking the piss now.
Original post by Willnewman234
just got rejected for econ :frown:

When did you apply and what are your stats?
Reply 96
Are offers/rejections coming via email from uni or UCAS track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wencal
Are offers/rejections coming via email from uni or UCAS track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS track.
Reply 98
I got 9A* 3A B at Gcse and AAAB at as level with predictions A*AA in Maths FM and Physics respectively. Having seen that the only people getting offers have prediction of 3 to 4 A* is getting me quite worried. Is it even likely I have a chance ?
Reply 99
Original post by M.P.C
I got 9A* 3A B at Gcse and AAAB at as level with predictions A*AA in Maths FM and Physics respectively. Having seen that the only people getting offers have prediction of 3 to 4 A* is getting me quite worried. Is it even likely I have a chance ?

I'm worried for the same reason. Predicted the min A*AA too

Quick Reply

Latest