Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I am on about Maths at Imperial here.

My question is directed at IB students and at current Imperial students/former offer holders that took the IB.
    I have seen the quartiles for MAT scores for offer horlders at Imperial, the upper quartile typically being around 60-65.

In that case, if one has a MAT score of 60 + and 39 predicted at IB, are they likely to get an offer? What did you guys get?
    It would also be interesting to hear which of these 2 factors is considered more, i . e. is practically anyone with 70+ for MAT given an offer, or do they first cut off everone with bad predicted grades and then look at MAT?
    I suggest we negate the Personal Statement and GCSEs for this as they seem to have much less of an impact.

Cheers.

If the booming title of the question attracts other wannabe Imperialists, then please do ask your own questions or share your opinion on mine.
    I would like to hear data from previous offer holders though as it will be of use for all of us.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    How did everyone find the MAT TEST?
    When do you think they will be giving out offers for maths courses?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm applying for maths at Imperial. Passed the MAT on wednesday, but I already had an offer. Can they change it or even delete it if my MAT is not as good as it should be ?
    I thought exercices 1 and 2 were quite simple, the last 2 ones were pretty hard. You ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M3IM2f)
    Hi,
    I'm applying for maths at Imperial. Passed the MAT on wednesday, but I already had an offer. Can they either change it or even delete if my MAT is not as good as it should be ?
    I thought exercices 1 and 2 were quite simple, the last 2 ones were pretty hard. You ?
    Well, the ideas used in MAT are well-known and repeat over the years. and this one was no exception.
    However, I did find time management a problem and did not have time for a whole question + had to short-hand explanations.
    I do hope that the results are fine anyway from last year's admissions stats and with the extra chance of showing off in STEP.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and what were you predicted grades? I am still due to apply, waiting for my predicted grades to boost as we do more mocks in school.

And btw I'm quite sure they can't take back your offer. Though it's interesting you got one even before the MAT

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a french student. I applied at the beginning of October, and my predicted grades were the equivalent of A* in maths, but I dont know about the rest.
    I'm very good at sports too, maybe it helped.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.