Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    'PC brigade'? Do those who believe in the importance of social cohesion and stability call the likes of you the Racist Brigade? Or the Reckless Brigade? Or the Idiotic Brigade? No! So stop being so pathetic, and grow up. Dim-wit!

As for those quotes, neither are remotely funny and they are offensive in my opinion but I wouldn't call the first one racist. The second, perhaps.

Also, one has to bear in mind that what is acceptable to a certain community may not be acceptable to another.
    i'm pathetic? i simply posted two jokes upon request. you have labelled me a RACIST and my actions reckless even idiotic.

if a scottish man tells this joke , is it still racist?

a joke is only racist when in the hands of a "racist" i believe.

it seems to me you are being "anti racist" to let the other "anti racists" know that you are "anti racist".

i have been subjected to what is called "being ninoed".

also a group of racist people would simpy be called "racists" or in context "a group of racists".

i don't condone racism and you are a ****wit.

ReputationRep:
    Racism is fundamentally wrong. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    but eating meat is nice, it tastes great and its good for you - ergo we do it. Same with sex. Its fun its healthy we enjoy it. And you cant possibly advocate that eating humans is the way to go about.

Eating animals is wrong becasue we dont put humans on the menu. sorry but thats a ludicrous arguement. And also not true, cannibilism has existed in human kind many times. Not every animal spieces eats it own either.

And how the hell is spiecism (whatever the feth that is) the same as racism? We dont eat humans but we do blow each other up and find new ways to kill each other. As a rule we dont make up ways to mass kill various animal spices for the hell of it.

Killing animals for food has a logical normal reason. Hating somone on the basis of the colour of thier skin is not

And as for your last comment YOU brought up the whole damn thing when theres no place for it in the first place
    hey i wasn't having a dig at you suggesting you had brought it up, just saying that if we wanna carry on the discussion we should do it in another thread. there is a place for it because i'm comparing racism to speciesism.

i could reply to your post but i'm not gonna in here. there's a vegetarianism thread floating around so if you wanna know what i think to that, reask in there. if not, then cool.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who has been banned 3 times in a row for what essentially was a disagreement about Zionism being proclaimed racist by the UN, I am someone who is not afraid to challenge racism when I see it.

Although of course I will be banned for doing so, doesn't matter who you are though, if your going to spout bilge in the name of any ideology I am going to take issue with you and if I have to be banned for being anti racist so be it.

I feel very strongly that certain views on this forum are racist and feel I have been denied the freedom to point them out despite proving that they were considered as such by a majority vote of UN countries for 26 years, something that was only removed in the name of bringing Israel back into peace talks not because it was wrong to do so in the first place.

Of course we can't Ban Palestinian racism from the UN because they are not part of it but if they were and had been I would have no problem with calling there mindless bilge a decryment of basic human rights to self determination as well.

I don't care who you are, you start claiming you have more rights than someone else, or that another race is inferior because you are given more rights and freedoms, then you are a racist and I will say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    As someone who has been banned 3 times in a row for what essentially was a disagreement about Zionism being proclaimed racist by the UN, I am someone who is not afraid to challenge racism when I see it.

Although of course I will be banned for doing so, doesn't matter who you are though, if your going to spout bilge in the name of any ideology I am going to take issue with you and if I have to be banned for being anti racist so be it.

I feel very strongly that certain views on this forum are racist and feel I have been denied the freedom to point them out despite proving that they were considered as such by a majority vote of UN countries for 26 years, something that was only removed in the name of bringing Israel back into peace talks not because it was wrong to do so in the first place.

Of course we can't Ban Palestinian racism from the UN because they are not part of it but if they were and had been I would have no problem with calling there mindless bilge a decryment of basic human rights to self determination as well.

I don't care who you are, you start claiming you have more rights than someone else, or that another race is inferior because you are given more rights and freedoms, then you are a racist and I will say so.
    erm....good for you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    There is no reason for it (despite it having existed for centuries if not longer in one form or another) to hate someone for no other reason than the colour of thier skin
    Race isn't soley judged on one's skin tone, I don't see what's wrong with not liking a race's or nation's culture in general...
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    I deliberately abstain from communication with native born (born in their home country) Nigerians and native born Chinese people.
    Care to explain why?
    Originally Posted by Libertin du Nord
    I'm always very suspicious of such people. Seems to me they just want someone unpopular to hate. As for subjected to it, no - most of the people who take this view, in my experience, are white and middle class.

I am of course opposed to racism, but I don't go around shouting about it or trying to find it where it does not exist.

(Original post by henvy)
    where was that opposition when you negged me for 'speaking like a wog' a few months ago?
    lmao, point proven.

I'm not saying I think my race is "inferior" to any other, or that I'm better than anyone else or whatever. But there are just some races I don't like and I'm not going to deny this. And I think that when people say they are totally againt racial judgement they are lying to themself. For an example: In my town there are many Sudanese migrants that live here, and when I'm alone walking down the street and I see one of these people coming towards me, I am more freaked out than if it was a white man. Or when I go to Melbourne and you would think you were in China or something and people often talk about the ga,e "spot the Aussie". Or how some suburbs are totally run by people of different ethnic groups and they look at you strangely for being there.
    I know these are probably socially constructed views or from my family or from history but still they exist and I think it's stupid to deny it. I think, yes it is wrong to talk down to other races but we don't have to get along with everyone. There's a difference between thinking like a racist and actually acting on it. This is a pointless post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    Race isn't soley judged on one's skin tone, I don't see what's wrong with not liking a race's or nation's culture in general...
    nor doi, well certain aspects of it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think sometimes the word is in danger of being abused, badly.
    For example, criticism of a religion isn't racist. For example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)

Care to explain why?
    Nigerain native born;accent annoys me. If they've lost their native accent; then I'm not that bothered.

Chinese; find i have very little in common with them; but that might just be to do with me. Most of the chinese native born students I have spoken to have a language barrier too; so it does test my patience, upto the point where I can no longer be bothered to speak to them.

EDIT: the native Indian accent annoys me to. but i do laugh when i see stand-up comedians mimic-ing it.

ReputationRep:
    A little off topic but you know what really irks me, when someone tells a scottish joke and asks if it racist when the scottish arent even a race!! And whoever said it was fashionable to be anti racist is wrong is fashionable to be "omgzzzz pc gawn maddddddd, you can't say boo to a goose these days"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    A little off topic but you know what really irks me, when someone tells a scottish joke and asks if it racist when the scottish arent even a race!! And whoever said it was fashionable to be anti racist is wrong is fashionable to be "omgzzzz pc gawn maddddddd, you can't say boo to a goose these days"
    Exactly. The really fashionable thing nowadays is to go on about the so-called 'PC brigade' and the 'lefties taking over our freedoms' bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    No, good for humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negated enigma)
    i'm pathetic? i simply posted two jokes upon request. you have labelled me a RACIST and my actions reckless even idiotic.

if a scottish man tells this joke , is it still racist?

a joke is only racist when in the hands of a "racist" i believe.

it seems to me you are being "anti racist" to let the other "anti racists" know that you are "anti racist".

i have been subjected to what is called "being ninoed".

also a group of racist people would simpy be called "racists" or in context "a group of racists".

i don't condone racism and you are a ****wit
    Anyone who is remotely familiar with my views would already know how I feel on this topic, and topics of a similar nature such as homophobia and sexism, so don't be so dumd.

If a joke is inherently racist, then it does not matter who is saying it, its wrong!

Also, I suggest you sort-out your English. Especially if you want to be taken seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    Anyone who is remotely familiar with my views would already know how I feel on this topic, and topics of a similar nature such as homophobia and sexism, so don't be so dumd.

If a joke is inherently racist, then it does not matter who is saying it, its wrong!

Also, I suggest you sort-out your English. Especially if you want to be taken seriously.
    where are these lines to be crossed?

you just carrying on sitting there on your high chair and continue to point the finger.

ReputationRep:
    check this you tube profile out http://uk.youtube.com/user/partyboy071

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    check this you tube profile out http://uk.youtube.com/user/partyboy071
    Those are really nasty comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    I know what the hell does decryment mean?

Long story.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.