The Student Room Group

Would it seem weird if I asked this girl out?

We are both in our second year of uni and we met through a society at the beginning of October. She is very friendly and we have spoken a few times at the society meetings and we get on well but we have never spoken outside of the society. Anyway I was thinking about asking her out for a drink or something but I don't know if it would seem weird since we don't really know each other that well and haven't spoken loads. Do you think I should ask her out or not and would it seem weird?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
We are both in our second year of uni and we met through a society at the beginning of October. She is very friendly and we have spoken a few times at the society meetings and we get on well but we have never spoken outside of the society. Anyway I was thinking about asking her out for a drink or something but I don't know if it would seem weird since we don't really know each other that well and haven't spoken loads. Do you think I should ask her out or not and would it seem weird?

if you like her then go and ask her out. its not weird at all. Good luck!!
I think you should take a gamble on asking her on a date but do not rush it, try to work out where you stand first. Spend time finding out if she has a boyfriend, if there is competition to get a date with her, become friends with her friends, and if there is competition become friends with that boy. The worst thing you could do is ask her on a date when you do not know her, her friends cannot support you by saying good things about you to influence her, she declines the date because she is unsure about you at this stage, and the situation becomes awkward where a friendship that might lead to something is difficult to have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm just worried because I am quite shy and haven't asked anyone out before so I wouldn't really know how.
Reply 4
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
I think you should take a gamble on asking her on a date but do not rush it, try to work out where you stand first. Spend time finding out if she has a boyfriend, if there is competition to get a date with her, become friends with her friends, and if there is competition become friends with that boy. The worst thing you could do is ask her on a date when you do not know her, her friends cannot support you by saying good things about you to influence her, she declines the date because she is unsure about you at this stage, and the situation becomes awkward where a friendship that might lead to something is difficult to have.

I'm pretty sure she's single and I get on well with one of her friends so far since we are all in the same society.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pretty sure she's single and I get on well with one of her friends so far since we are all in the same society.

If you get along well with one of her friends, you have had lots of conversation with her at the society's events, and you are getting good vibes you should ask her on a casual date, such as to a coffee shop on campus.
If you ask nicely and with a bit of confidence, then it would be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending