Turn on thread page Beta

BAE: Aerospace Engineering Apprenticeships (Higher) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

This is my first post and I am unsure if this is the right thread..

I am applying for an apprenticeship at BAE, is anyone applying? or has anyone applied in the past?

After the online application, I understand that there are some tests, an interview and a day at the assessment center. I am unsure, can anyone provide more details into the application process?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about applying.

What grades are required and from what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is from there website: (http://www.baesystems.com/en/careers...-mai---preston)

What you will need
    To apply for the Aerospace Engineering Degree Apprenticeship you will require:
    • Academic qualifications 240 UCAS points (96 as per new tariff) or above at A Level standard, with at least two in STEM based subjects such as Physics, ICT, Computing, Mathematics, Electronics. Note: UCAS points awarded for AS Levels are not counted.

And
    • Five GCSE’s at Grade A-C including Mathematics, English Language and Double Science or equivalent qualification.

Note: UCAS points awarded for AS levels are not counted. Typical qualification are A Level or BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks, but I dropped physics, so unfortunately I don't have two STEM subjects anymore.

Never mind, I'll find somewhere else hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my son applied back in November, he sat the online test 21 November 2016 and has had no reply other than Xmas Greetings in December. They do take quite a while to get back to applicants, think he must have applied online about a month before he got the email to ask him to take the tests.

The application process requires you to complete 3 online aptitude assessments. It takes approximately 40 - 60 minutes to complete all the assessments. To be considered for the next phase of the recruitment process you will need to complete all 3 assessments. These assessments all measure aptitudes that are relevant for specific roles. My son's were more technical as he is applying for Engineering Apprenticeship. They do send you a link which consists of some practice questions. There are allot of Maths and Qualification wise, my son has 10 GCSE's grade B-C, I believe he needed 4 A-C to in main subjects, Math, English and Sicences. He said there was allot of questions but they do say it is rare that anyone completes them all. He did say it was a bit difficult.

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Verbal reasoning tests examine your proficiency in working with verbal information, usually presented to you in the form of a short text. To test your analytical skills, you are given an assessment consisting of 40 questions to answer within 20 minutes. The questions are based on paragraphs of text that you need to read and digest in order to successfully answer. This is a 'tick-box' test, with each answer being either 'True', 'False', or 'Cannot Tell'.

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Numerical reasoning tests are all about how well you can understand and manipulate verbal information to get the answers you need. This is a multiple choice test, in which you will have 20 minutes to answer 20 questions, each of which contains either a graph or table for you to analyse. This assesses your ability to analyse data swiftly and accurately.

He has just sat assessments for EDF and AWE and found the AWE testing harder than BAE, but was informed within 2 days of submitting it that he had passed. He is now awaiting assessment day. AWE is very fast process.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.