Turn on thread page Beta

Xphoenix: The Journey to good A2 and University watch

ReputationRep:
    Predicted: A*A*A and A in Econ, Maths, Geography, and AS Further Maths (Alas even the mightiest fall).

My highest offers are A*AA: My goal is to get into university A*AA, but if I meet my predictions then bonus.

Unis that have replied:
    Nottingham
    Durham
    Interview at Cambridge

Others awating and will be added as soon as replies are back.

Starting the post with I had an Econ test on Theme 1 and Theme 3 content. Some dodgy theme 3 knowledge I think I need to fill the gaps with, but lets see what I get. Don't expect to be at my best after sitting it immediately after my Admission Test
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck! What do you want to study at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Best of luck! What do you want to study at uni?
    Asian and Middle Eastern Studies... Saying that I did apply to some combined courses due to some of the content differing at other universities.

ReputationRep:
    My Econ Test Came back, I got 65%. I lost marks on definitions- need to learn them ASAP as they are easy marks, and one of the essay questions, I drew the wrong diagram, depsite being good economics, otherwise relatively secure considering the circumstances.

Will be doing a Little bit of Maths revision specifically C3 and C4 (of what we done)

ReputationRep:
    Big c3/c4 test coming up. Had one and got a strong mark but lost all the marks on vectors... (Wow). Gonna do some practice questions and go back to the textbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assessment week...

I have A unit 3 geography paper (but we won't have the choice over which topics to do for 40 markers etc.) and C3/C4 combined paper coming up... Not entirely sure how each will go... I know my stuff but whether I apply it properly is the real challenge...

D1 paper, and Econ Macro Paper coming up in the second half of the week...

On another note Ecstatic to get an interview... Nervous yet excited...

ReputationRep:
    Lack of updates: rather sorry been relaxing and forgetting about my woes at interview at cambridge... Will be hearing next week!

I have done some work, pushed ahead with Geography work- got the fieldwork done and everything and practiced some questions.
    I also have restarted my Further Maths work too... FP1 definitely easier now that i have c3/c4 knowledge too but M2 i've forgotten a few things here and there. Will need to also push ahead here.

I've been revising my weak areas for in the theme 1 and 3 for Economics but really need to be doing more.

Mocks will be in February- something to work towards

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my motivation to work... A lot of time spent procrastinating.

Did some practice papers in class, and they have been a mixed bag. Maths has been the most surprising. I did really well in C3/C4 getting in the 90's, but C1... Let say if that was my real A level, I'd miss my offers cause of it, and also failed that paper.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.