Living on your own for second year ? Watch

fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey so I'm a fresher but everyone has started discussing where/who they're living with next year. I am considering living on my own cause i don't have like a ' group ' of people who id want to live with and i feel like if I'm on my own then at least i won't have the worry of living with people i might grow to dislike but obviously I'm worrying living on my own would be considered ' odd' and i don't want to isolate myself from people
is anyone here a second/third year at uni who lives on their own ?? or is anyone here living in another place e.g. self catered hall with freshers but they're a second or third year ?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fefssdf)
Hey so I'm a fresher but everyone has started discussing where/who they're living with next year. I am considering living on my own cause i don't have like a ' group ' of people who id want to live with and i feel like if I'm on my own then at least i won't have the worry of living with people i might grow to dislike but obviously I'm worrying living on my own would be considered ' odd' and i don't want to isolate myself from people
is anyone here a second/third year at uni who lives on their own ?? or is anyone here living in another place e.g. self catered hall with freshers but they're a second or third year ?
3rd yr live on my own (with a partner) but took a gap year while a 2nd yr and claimed jsa living in an emergency B&B with my gf :C
we now live in temp accom togther, 1 room so we don't have to pay bloody spareroom tax wasn't easy to get just that
so we had to live with my mum/each other's mums for a bit

that prob isn't your situation though lol
Quiet Benin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a second year and i live by myself because i don't have a squad or friends (till this day even)

It's good if you suffer from depression or anxiety (like me) but i do know people in second/third years who live by themselves and they still have i guess a social life
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in my final year but live alone, I love it. I think it depends how much you like your own company though, some people I know would hate not having housemates.
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I'm in my final year but live alone, I love it. I think it depends how much you like your own company though, some people I know would hate not having housemates.
yh i mean i guess its nice to be around people but i prefer it when i can choose whether i wanna be with people rather than being permanently stuck with them
velvetsky
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the thought of living with people doesn't feel right then don't do it. I'm in my 3rd year & live on my own. Not because I don't have friends but I like my own space. It's not odd at all to live on your own, you can still have an active social life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look into the financial side and make sure you can afford to live alone before you set you heart on it. Most student budgets won't stretch to something like a studio flat and many uni halls don't accommodate students from all years. Check private rented costs in your area and look into your uni's housing policy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed