Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
students
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would say not very, there are few people who can work during the summer other than students.
woox
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think the thing that puts student at a disadvantage when trying to get summer work is the fact that they can only work for the summer. I've applied for soooo many jobs since i got back from uni but as yet haven't heard anything postive from any of them. Which is a bit crap lol! I've hardly seen any ad's for people who want summer workers so i've been applying for 'normal' jobs as well (in shops etc) and not saying (directly) that i only wanna work for the summer but its kind of obvious when the uni on my cv is miles away from my home town. Grr...it's really starting to get me down now because i'm spending so much time just doing nothing and as if at the end of the holidays i'll have absolutly nothing to show for it (well other than my indepth knowledge of cash in the attic...!)
babyballerina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Problem is, it's a bit late now. Employers like the students who can work the longest time. I always sorted out summer jobs around Easter time. I worked for Camp America, Newcastle Uni, a cinema and Marks and Sparks in my summer and Christmas holidays. My sister has worked for superdrug and the job centre. Shops like M&S will take students on because when you go back to uni you can transfer to another shop closer to uni. So at this late stage that's where I would suggest. Chain stores. If you live in a rural area there might be seasonal work fruit picking and stuff. Otherwise try a temping agency. one of my friends got a job making meals in a prison through an agency! It was quite well paid.
Dajo123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sadly, its a question of how well you can lie. In my experience most jobs in retail don't check refrences, so if you're a bit colourfull with your CV then you should'nt have a problem finding a job.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.73%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.51%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (87)
22.42%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (51)
13.14%
No, nothing has changed (117)
30.15%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.04%

Watched Threads