The Student Room Group

Applied For St. Dominics Sixth Form, Harrow??

Im so dreading my results day for 3 reasons :

1. Thinking about my parents
2. If i dnt keep my predicted rsults, i aint gona get a chance at St. Doms. St. Doms is the only sixth form i applied for.
3.I want to do MEDICINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can any1 plz tell me whether DO I HAV TO KEEP UP TO MY PREDICTED GRADES or a SLIGHT DIFFRENCE IN GRAdES DOESNT MATTER ???:mad:
Reply 1
it depends on the sixth form. If it is a hardline one then maybe u won't get in. But don't worry i am sure u'll get the grades, they can't just turn you away like that. I am also feeling the same about the sixth form i want to go to.h
Reply 2
Didn't they give you a conditional offer? I applied to st.doms a year ago and they gave me a conditional offer of 5 Bs i think. I got the grades but decided to go somewhere else. If you got the conditional offer, you're predicted grades don't matter at all, it all depends on the conditions of your offer. And even if you miss those grades, they won't dismiss you staright away. Depending on how well you done, they could let you in with all the subjects you wanted to take, or you could be able to discuss other subjects to take.

As for your ambition to study medicine, you have a long way yet. As long as you get at least 5 A or A*s then you have nothing to worry about. And even if u dont get that, then you could retake some in your new college.

Gd Luck, I was in your situation only a year ago, but it seems a world away now. You'll be fine!!!
Reply 3
Awww thank u. Well, St doms gave a conditional offer of 7 A* -C in general. i dnt think they give specific conditional offers to specific individual.

yh..life is really hard until the day u come out as a doctor. Lets see how far i can manage. i only completed the first step up my ladder (GCSE) !
Reply 4
Thanks. U dnt have to be catholic to go there. Im not a catholic. Of course, they prefer catholic.
Reply 5
i got 2 A* , 5 A's 2 Bs and a C(Short course)

for predicted do u think i could still get into St Dominics. Some of them could improve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending