Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling Warwick will reject my application. I got AABD at AS level, and I have predicted grades A*AAAA (with one A in EPQ. And possibly another A* but I haven't seen my testimonies nor predicted grades yet). I sent off my application, for English Literature, on the 13th of October and got an acknowledgment email on the 14th. They then sent me an email on the 20th of October saying my application was on hold for two weeks because they needed me to specify a part of my educational history. I talked to my referee and she rang them without two hours. Since then I have heard nothing and I am worried that it is becuase they will just reject me. I have offers from Sheffield and Sussex, but Warwick is silent whilst everyone else already has offers

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, life is as it is, take it easy!

you still have an offer somewhere, I do not have any, and I am predicted A*A*A*A*A*, with AAAA at AS. So.....

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you really bossed AS's! Where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    how do you have a predicted grade of an A from a D at least I assuming that?

If your course is non-stem may be fine idk

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nomad609;68360298]how do you have a predicted grade of an A from a D at least I assuming that?

Because I was an A grade student in history all year then on the day of the exam I had an episode of Subventricular Tachycardia, and then I underperformed in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    What does specifying a party of your educational history mean?

ReputationRep:
    They wanted to know why I was out of education for three years. It was in the reference but apparently they had not read it yet when they sent the email.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine to be honest - they could just be waiting for more applications to come in as sometimes they stagger their offers about within departments and overall. Either way, don't worry about it, Sheffield looks like a great uni to go to and you've got that in the bag already! Nothing you can do about it anyway Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply I'm sure it will all work out eventually

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lucythorneycroft;68360412]
    (Original post by nomad609)
    how do you have a predicted grade of an A from a D at least I assuming that?

Because I was an A grade student in history all year then on the day of the exam I had an episode of Subventricular Tachycardia, and then I underperformed in the exam.
    perhaps, warwick give out offers like candy so you will probably be fine.

good luck anyway :P

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.