Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whose doing this course please write your name here thanks

ReputationRep:
    aaaa

ReputationRep:
    Do u know by any chance in how many we are doing this course?

ReputationRep:
    aaa

ReputationRep:
    me too

ReputationRep:
    me four... probably about 32 ^_^

ReputationRep:
    cool apperently we're sharing lessons with people doing spanish with management and stuff like that. So is it 35 or 20?

ReputationRep:
    we share lectures with people who do X with management or whatever, so lecture halls could have 200+ people in it at any one time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownFluency)
    we share lectures with people who do X with management or whatever, so lecture halls could have 200+ people in it at any one time.
    True. but the 25-30 people i was talking about was only people taking IMB.

ReputationRep:
    aaaaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splus)
    Everyone got in with AAA requirements?
    AAA? That's quite high I thought normal offer was ABB/AAB? But I did the European Bac anyway.. so I had another type of offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawy)
    AAA? That's quite high I thought normal offer was ABB/AAB? But I did the European Bac anyway.. so I had another type of offer
    ABB is the stated requirements on the website for IMB.

So far, I have only heard of people receiving AAA as the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for AAA (DDD on a BTEC which is the route I took). Im asusming that they udnermine those who do BTEC, thus ask for a higher overall grade, fair play I guess.

ReputationRep:
    so places were competitive this year? cool

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, no. The who were in my interview seemed pretty low key and there wasnt that many of us, noone was really talkative either, in fact it was quite depressing =/

ReputationRep:
    The dept told me they have a list of "holding" students waiting to gain entry next year.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky I didn´t do an interview then ^^ I´m already quite worried about whether this is the right course for me... all I can do though is go there and find out! So I hope to see everyone in London in a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawy)
    Lucky I didn´t do an interview then ^^ I´m already quite worried about whether this is the right course for me... all I can do though is go there and find out! So I hope to see everyone in London in a few weeks
    same here i hope there is more business than computing though =). Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Wow same here! I actually wanted to study Business Management, but then got this offer and as UCL is such a good uni I thought I might as well try it! Now I´m fearing though thatthere´ll be too little Business and too much Computing for me Well we will see soon enough What Halls are you all going to?

ReputationRep:
    There will be more computing and less business, but the focus is more how you can implement computing IN a business, and there is in fact very little business management.

The truth behind this degree is - for those of you who didn't research in the first place - it was initially called an ITMB (Information Technology Management for Business) degree, and all the other universities who run this course call it an ITMB degree, UCL have unhelpfully renamed it IMB, so people don't know that a large section of this degree is focused on technology.

I juggled between UCL's IMB and KCL's Business Management, choosing UCL in the end (because of my keen interest in tech), but I have a feeling many will be disappointed with how business-orientated UCL's degree isn't.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.