Turn on thread page Beta

Have Access course students gotten into UCL or Durham, or Nottingham or Manchester? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Nobody can tell you if you will get in or not, but I know that both UCL and Durham have good reputations for accommodating applicants with non-standard qualifications, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just make sure you get the required grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    I am doing an Access to HE Diploma in Business Studies.

I shall be applying for Information Management for Business at UCL (AAB at A-Level or 18 Distinctions on an Access course), Business and Management at Durham (AAB or 30 Distinctions), International Management at Nottingham (AAB or 30 Distinctions) and International Management at Manchester (AAB or 30 Distinctions).

I am 19 years old. In a boy's private school doing A-Levels one and a half years ago I had offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Accounting & Finance degrees. I have a rather too complex past of distress which has meant I couldn't complete those A-Levels. Now, at my age, I do not have access to free taught A-Levels.

I am ****ing terrified of not receiving offers for any of these courses at these specific universities even with a great personal statement with a strong set of extracurricular activities within it (an insight day at a bank, work experience at TfL, employment at a private client brokerage, two volunteering pursuits, books I have read, a lecture I shall be going to and societies I was a part of in my previous school), and also a good reference from my college, and a good additional, second reference from my previous school, and with the GCSEs and AS grades I have.

I have 1A* 4As 5Bs and 1C at IGCSE/GCSE, and ABDE at AS-Level.

I want peoples' thoughts on how likely I am to receive offers from these four mentioned courses above with my Access course. I will be miserable if I get no offers from universities I had offers from halfheartedly doing A-Levels while applying myself, now, doing my Access course.

These universities claim they will accept Access students. I massively, staggeringly fear the reality is the majority of Access to HE students cannot grab the attention of these universities I would be happy to go to.
    Make sure you meet/exceed their requirements then you should have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of resitting a levels and online classes?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.