Getting stuck just passed traffic lights ? Watch

SC1991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I was at a roundabout turning right, went through the light on green then something obviously disrupted traffic ahead and the lights went red. I then waited just passed my traffic lights until my light went green again. Is this the right thing to do ? I was not blocking oncoming traffic in any way and could not of really foreseen whatever happens to cause traffic to stop half way round the roundabout...
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A similar thing happened to me during one of my driving lessons, I was joining a roundabout when traffic ahead stopped, and the lights changed before I could carry on. My instructor told me to wait where I was (just beyond the traffic lights), and I wasn't blocking the traffic flow. So yes, I think that was the right thing to do
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Generally speaking, if you're not going to be blocking traffic you should wait, even if you've gone over the stop line.

If you're going to be blocking traffic by stopping, get out of there.
Rainbowcorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i dont understand? coan you explain further, (got my test in 3 weeks so want to be prepared but i dont understand how you could have been blocking traffic if there was a traffic light)
SC1991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Rainbowcorn)
i dont understand? coan you explain further, (got my test in 3 weeks so want to be prepared but i dont understand how you could have been blocking traffic if there was a traffic light)
There's space beyond the traffic light to fit a car without blocking the lane of oncoming traffic.
Rainbowcorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SC1991)
There's space beyond the traffic light to fit a car without blocking the lane of oncoming traffic.
if i understand this correctly, then always stop if it is safe, however, if youre under the lights when it changes or eg 1m from it, then go (in particular if lots of traffic behind), or eg if youve had to move postition then never stop as could be more dangerous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (7)
12.5%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (4)
7.14%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (2)
3.57%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (9)
16.07%
Monster Munch (6)
10.71%
Pringles (11)
19.64%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (4)
7.14%
Walkers Beef and Onion (1)
1.79%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (12)
21.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise