Turn on thread page Beta

Getting stuck just passed traffic lights ? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was at a roundabout turning right, went through the light on green then something obviously disrupted traffic ahead and the lights went red. I then waited just passed my traffic lights until my light went green again. Is this the right thing to do ? I was not blocking oncoming traffic in any way and could not of really foreseen whatever happens to cause traffic to stop half way round the roundabout...

ReputationRep:
    A similar thing happened to me during one of my driving lessons, I was joining a roundabout when traffic ahead stopped, and the lights changed before I could carry on. My instructor told me to wait where I was (just beyond the traffic lights), and I wasn't blocking the traffic flow. So yes, I think that was the right thing to do

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, if you're not going to be blocking traffic you should wait, even if you've gone over the stop line.

If you're going to be blocking traffic by stopping, get out of there.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand? coan you explain further, (got my test in 3 weeks so want to be prepared but i dont understand how you could have been blocking traffic if there was a traffic light)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowcorn)
    i dont understand? coan you explain further, (got my test in 3 weeks so want to be prepared but i dont understand how you could have been blocking traffic if there was a traffic light)
    There's space beyond the traffic light to fit a car without blocking the lane of oncoming traffic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC1991)
    There's space beyond the traffic light to fit a car without blocking the lane of oncoming traffic.
    if i understand this correctly, then always stop if it is safe, however, if youre under the lights when it changes or eg 1m from it, then go (in particular if lots of traffic behind), or eg if youve had to move postition then never stop as could be more dangerous

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.