Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there Student Room,

Basically I want to buy my date a flower for when I take her out, but all I could find is whole bouquets that frankly cost a lot. Since I'm not from the UK and am tight on money being a student, do you know where I can go to get simple single flowers, a small plush toy, or just generally cute gifts? Big chain stores are ok, and also anyone from Southampton can give me more specific details?
    You will save me a *****on of time searching!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    For plush toys try online sites such as Amazon and eBay, flowers can sometimes be bought at markets at if there is an appropriate market nearby this is probably your best chance at getting a singular flower for a reasonable price, outside times such as valentines day.
    Large supermarkets also sell smallish bouquets for a few quid, so may be another option. For other small gifts novelty stores such as Hawkins Bazar can be good, but are sometimes very overpriced, and if there is a branch of Tiger nearby you should be able to find something.
    Most cities also have an area of independent shops which may contain a gift shop that is not too expensive.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.