Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am currently on my Study Abroad in China at the University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus and was told that I would be able to claim back some money from my flight ticket to China.

I believe that I am eligible for this and was asking how am I to go about applying for it? It says on the website that I can log into my account and apply but when I do I cannot immediately see how I am to do this. Could you please help me? Or am I too late as I have already applied for my Student Finance for this year?

Many thanks,

Mimi.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Mimi

The application for travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by yourself on your application.

If you are eligible a claim form would automatically be sent, you will be able to view this through your online correspondence.

Your application has to be income assessed and as the travel grant is assessed over 4 academic quarters (terms). You must be studying overseas for at least 50% of each academic quarter (term) in which you wish to claim to be eligible to receive the grant for up to 3 return journeys.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria SFE)
    Hi Mimi

The application for travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by yourself on your application.

If you are eligible a claim form would automatically be sent, you will be able to view this through your online correspondence.

Your application has to be income assessed and as the travel grant is assessed over 4 academic quarters (terms). You must be studying overseas for at least 50% of each academic quarter (term) in which you wish to claim to be eligible to receive the grant for up to 3 return journeys.
    Thanks
    Dear Victoria,

If that is the case then I am not sure as to why I have not received my application. I am currently in a full-time higher education course, attending an overseas institution for at least 50% of my academic terms and am receiving student finance, both maintenance loan and maintenance grant.

Kind regards,

Mimi.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

You would need to have advised us of your study abroad on your application and your Uni would also have to have this course listed as one which has a year abroad and attracts a Travel Grant. If either of these are missing we will not be aware this is eligible for Travel Grant and will not have sent the forms.

I would advise calling us on 0300 100 0607 and we can send the forms out manually to you that you need to fill to have this assessed.

Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.