UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by StudentBusiness12)
Never.
Clever boy :p:

So I take it you concede that you are in fact being rather stupid?
EnglishPride
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No because what you're doing is taken things to literal. Obviously eating a curry or using a Christmas tree doesn't constitute ruining the culture, as the majority of people like it. I can safely say that the majority of people situated in Britain however wouldn't enjoy their bus' bombed, their crosses forcibly removed by police as it offends foreigners, which has happened before and people from other countries claiming area of land for them. On TV a while ago there was a program where a man from ITV or BBC i think, went to an area where a group of people claimed it was Bangladeshi territory and all other's will be knifed. I don't think being against such things should be called racist. I'll try and find the name of the show by the way and a link or something.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No because what you're doing is taken things to literal. Obviously eating a curry or using a Christmas tree doesn't constitute ruining the culture, as the majority of people like it. I can safely say that the majority of people situated in Britain however wouldn't enjoy their bus' bombed, their crosses forcibly removed by police as it offends foreigners, which has happened before and people from other countries claiming area of land for them. On TV a while ago there was a program where a man from ITV or BBC i think, went to an area where a group of people claimed it was Bangladeshi territory and all other's will be knifed. I don't think being against such things should be called racist. I'll try and find the name of the show by the way and a link or something.
And the backtrack continues.

This is not what you were saying earlier when you claimed that people could not come to Britain and expect to be allowed to have their own schools or keep their own faith.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still agree with the points you mentioned. Having their own schools for their own faiths shouldn't be allowed. Who do they think they are, coming over to another country and shouting the odds, "oh I'd like my own school, build me a religious building too while your at it, and that guys cross offends me, officer make him remove it".

I understand that not ALL of the foreigners are like that, but since the majority are, I'm against their integration and acceptance into the country.

EDIT: I'm not backtracking I just assumed people on these boards would be bright enough to not take every single world literally.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still agree with the points you mentioned. Having their own schools for their own faiths shouldn't be allowed. Who do they think they are, coming over to another country and shouting the odds, "oh I'd like my own school, build me a religious building too while your at it, and that guys cross offends me, officer make him remove it".

I understand that not ALL of the foreigners are like that, but since the majority are, I'm against their integration and acceptance into the country.

EDIT: I'm not backtracking I just assumed people on these boards would be bright enough to not take every single world literally.
Your suggestion that the majority do this is absurd and laughable. If religious people want a religious building they have to pay for it themselves. They have to pay for their own schools too if they want private, religious ones.

And I'm sorry, but how do you expect people to understand the words you write if not literally?

You're right: you're not backtracking your squirming.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I cannot wait until one of the foreigners you love so dearly does something in your life negative, it's bound to happen. At that point you will realize what I mean. After all, where were all the bombers of London from? Middle east, as is the majority of Bradford. Oh sorry, not literal enough ? As is a growing number of the British population.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I cannot wait until one of the foreigners you love so dearly does something in your life negative, it's bound to happen. At that point you will realize what I mean. After all, where were all the bombers of London from? Middle east, as is the majority of Bradford. Oh sorry, not literal enough ? As is a growing number of the British population.
So when it boils down to it your arguments about demands and what not are nonsense justifications for what is essentially a knee-jerk reaction to the actions of a small minority and what looks quite like a baseless hatred of people of Middle Eastern extraction.

It always amazes me how quickly people drop their initial attempts at logic for simple demagoguery. And then when caught how they often attempt to scramble back to the position they thought afforded them some semblance of respectability.

EDIT: Oh and it's nice that you want something bad to happen to me in the hope that my anger will lead me to your hate.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, I'm glad you managed to completely miss the point again. It amazes me how people write paragraphs of garbage to avoid the truth.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, I'm glad you managed to completely miss the point again. It amazes me how people write paragraphs of garbage to avoid the truth.
Please, feel free to "explain" your point again. All I saw was some nonsense about bombings and Bradford being majority Middle Eastern. But please, if there was a genuine, non-racist, accurate and logical point in there, feel free to explain it or to change it, whicever suits your needs better.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is becoming tedious so a short and sweet post to clear things up is in order. Read the title of the topic. The answer is NO, plain and simple.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is becoming tedious so a short and sweet post to clear things up is in order. Read the title of the topic. The answer is NO, plain and simple.
And if you'd simply said that then we wouldn't have had a problem. It was all the other rubbish you said that got you in trouble.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was never in any form of trouble. I express my opinion openly. Just because my debate skills aren't up to scratch it may have seemed that way, but I stand by what I've said as the truth.
mnbgw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Actually, the majority of people in Bradfrod originate from the Indian sub-continent NOT the Middle-East.

Secondly, most Muslims living in Britain today are second/ third-generation and have NO ill-feeling towards Britain or British society. What they DO NOT like is when people decide to judge them before ever having had a real conversation with them.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was never in any form of trouble. I express my opinion openly. Just because my debate skills aren't up to scratch it may have seemed that way, but I stand by what I've said as the truth.
But the facts you presented were not true.

The majority of immigrants do not insist that the state builds them schools.
The majority of immigrants do not insist that the state builds them religious buildings.
The majority of immigrants do not insist that police force others to remove crosses.

These were three statements you made that are simply not true.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
But some of them do, and the only way to stem the problem is to stop it all together.
mnbgw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
But some of them do, and the only way to stem the problem is to stop it all together.
That is like saying some Germans were Nazis, so we should get rid of all of them
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Firslty, you claimed the majority do, which is untrue.

Secondly, since it is only a small number it doesn't really represent a problem.

Thirdly, the 7/7 terrorists were second generation immigrants so stopping new immigrants will not stop terrorism.
EnglishPride
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I see you are beginning to realize now UniOfLife. Soon you share my views, also.
UniOfLife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I see you are beginning to realize now UniOfLife. Soon you share my views, also.
For the life of me I cannot see where you get that impression from. But, think what you like, mate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads