Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with multiculturalism, but do we live in a multicultural society?...i think not.

I live in a city where 90% of the asian population live in one small area of the town, 90% of black people live in another part of the town, and all the other nationalities live in fairly close proximity to each other.

Now if you ask me if i have any asian friends i would say none, but i would be able to tell you a great place to get a curry or a cheap taxi.

ReputationRep:
    "Is being against Multiculturism racist?" - not in the slightest. Being against multi-ethnicism is however and the two are commonly (often deliberately by those who would see multiculturalism suffer no criticism whatsoever) confused resulting in the fairly common impression that to be against multiculturalism is racist when it simply isnt at all.

ReputationRep:
    Racism, and racist are both words that are propoganda slogans for the multiculturist left.

Those words have been thrown at us so often that they have lost all context, I really dont know what they mean anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I just received this email:

Am I right in thinking that PAKI is short for Pakistani? Just an abreviation?

Prince Harry calls a mate "Our little Paki friend" and is forced to
    apologise two years later. This guy was a mate of his for heavens sake!

Am I right in thinking that "Brit" is short for British? Should the
    Sun Newspaper be forced to aplogise every time it prints the word Brit or The
    Brits are coming? Is the word Brit offensive?

Is "Scot" Offensive? "The Scots are coming". Another Sun
    Newspaper Football Clash Headline classic.

What about Ozzie? Kiwi? Pommie? Limey? Where or when will this lunacy end? The
    Cornish call all holiday makers "Grockles" Anything wrong with that?

If a Pakistani called you "His Brit friend" Would you feel offended?
    Would you demand an apology on National TV?

Of course not.

Del Trotter refers to "The Paki Shop" in one episode of Only Fools
    and Horses. (Now overdubbed for UK Gold with the offending word taken out).
    (The episode when they build a nuclear fall out shelter).
    Should Sir David Jason now apologise? Should the writer John Sullivan
    apologise? Should the BBC apologise?

What about the Fuzzywuzzies? "Dads Army"

What about "You stupid Krout"? Fawlty Towers.
    Both still being broadcast regularly with no overdub.

The Idiots are at it again trying to stir up racial hatred... It's just
    madness surely?

I'm happy being a BRIT, BRITISH, ENGLISH, POMMIE, LIMEY or whatever. I
    don't care a fig.
    I only care when I'm called a racist.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS "BRIT AWARDS" ON THE TV.
    LUCKILY, THANKS TO THE ZEALOTS, RACISTS AND BIGOTS THERE WILL NEVER BE A
    "PAKI AWARDS". Oh no indeed, because all the Pakis will be at The
    Brit Awards. And us Brits won't mind at all will we?

There's something rotten in the barrel and nobody in government or local
    politics has the guts to stand up and say "GROW UP THE LOT OF YOU".

If you agree then pass this on... If not then you still have the democratic
    right to delete it. (Well for the time being anyway)..

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who say things like that email. It just shows a staggering, willfull ignorance that really gets on my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RawJoh1)
    You're an embarrassment to the Left.

Why on earth shouldn't they be able to build mosques? I assume you're happy with Christians building churches - why on earth shouldn't muslims be able to express their faith in purpose built buildings. The only explanation (as far as I can see) is that you don't like muslims, which makes you a borderline racist.

And as for not speaking to people in the veil - how bloody rude.
    I'd rather not have quite frankly dangerous and backwards religions spreading in this country. Its taken us a hell of a long time to finally do away with Christian extremism and thankfully this country's Christian population is very moderate. The same cannot be said of the Muslim population. 40% want Sharia Law, imagine if 40% of ethnic Brits voted for the BNP? I suggest both statistics would be equally alarming.

I don't blame the OP for not talking to people wearing the veil, wearing it denotes that the wearer is a conservative Muslim. Other Men are not allowed to talk to women wearing veils in more traditional Islamic countries unless their Husbands are present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gremlins)
    I hate people who say things like that email. It just shows a staggering, willfull ignorance that really gets on my nerves.
    I disagree, for example please explain to me the difference between calling someone a 'Paki' and a 'Paddy'

I fail to see how one is worse than the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    I disagree, for example please explain to me the difference between calling someone a 'Paki' and a 'Paddy'

I fail to see how one is worse than the other.
    Well, it is a tricky one, I shan't deny it. I imagine if you lived in Liverpool in 1882 then Paddy would be worse. However, since much of the prejudice in today's society is against people who might be described as "pakis", it's understandable that Paki is considered worse.

The stuff in that email about "Paki is no worse than Brit", however, is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is a tricky one, I shan't deny it. I imagine if you lived in Liverpool in 1882 then Paddy would be worse. However, since much of the prejudice in today's society is against people who might be described as "pakis", it's understandable that Paki is considered worse.

The stuff in that email about "Paki is no worse than Brit", however, is pathetic.
    Pakistanis suffer no more prejudice than chinese, blacks, gays, and yes even the dreaded whites.

However I do think that to say that the word paki is no differant than the word brit is rather short sighted.

When pakistanis are abused, as well as other south asians, the word paki is usually prefixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teashoci)
    Pakistanis suffer no more prejudice than chinese, blacks, gays, and yes even the dreaded whites.
    Ah, but we've got abusive temrs for blacks, chinese people, and gays, too. On the other hand, there is no institutional or societal bias against straight white men people on the scale there is/has been against minorities.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but we've got abusive temrs for blacks, chinese people, and gays, too. On the other hand, there is no institutional or societal bias against straight white men people on the scale there is/has been against minorities.
    that because were are in the majority, try going for a stroll through bradford and see what happens to you.

And there are lots of racist names against whites, pigs and honkies is to name but a few.

In some venamous islamic protest many had the word kuffar written on placards describing us. Kuffar is a vile, horrible word. Yet its acceptable for muslims to be openly racist against us.

ReputationRep:

I know what you mean, i just think it really depends on whether the word is used in a derogatory manner or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teashoci)
    that because were are in the majority, try going for a stroll through bradford and see what happens to you.
    Bradford is 75% white.

And there are lots of racist names against whites, pigs and honkies is to name but a few.

In some venamous islamic protest many had the word kuffar written on placards describing us. Kuffar is a vile, horrible word. Yet its acceptable for muslims to be openly racist against us.
    I didn't say that white people couldn't be victims of racism. I'm saying it's nothing on the scale that ethnic minorities have had to put up with.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.