Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm in my last year of uni and a mature student, I applied for hardship fund from uni approx 3 weeks ago and heard nothing back. I know it can take up to 8 weeks but I'm down to my last 50 and if it's supposed to be for emergency why does it take nearly 2 months to process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missnapoli88)
    Hi
    I'm in my last year of uni and a mature student, I applied for hardship fund from uni approx 3 weeks ago and heard nothing back. I know it can take up to 8 weeks but I'm down to my last 50 and if it's supposed to be for emergency why does it take nearly 2 months to process?
    Every uni runs its own Hardship Fund its own way, so we won't know. Go to your Student Union, who will know their way round your uni's process and should be advocating for you in this situation.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What Klix said. Go to the SU. Sometimes they have their own smaller fund where they can give small amounts to tide you over.
    Have you contacted the fund and asked them politely how long it might take as 8 weeks could be the max waiting period.

They could have hundreds of apps to review.
    Each one will need verifying and then adjudicating.
    They may have a limited amount of money and it will be harder if you asked for more.
    The administrator will need to get approvals.

No help really, but they might be working quite hard, but demand could be high as well.

Just use the £50 for food. You can get 3-4 weeks from it.

Consider the other options. (sure you have.

Overdraft or credit card.
    Sell things on ebay or pawn them.
    Emergency casual job. bar work etc.
    Family loan.
    Food bank for 3 days food at a time.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.