Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys, just wanted some advice really

Basically I drive and passed last month, and parked my car in the car park. I accidentally scuffed a car while parking. I've left a note on the other car and there were a couple of other people there who were really nice and calmed me down as I started crying as I feel really bad. I'm now currently standing in the uni toilets as I can't face going into class as I started crying again as I feel so bad and I can't seem to calm down any advice on how to stop this :'(? The crying I mean. I feel super bad
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys, just wanted some advice really

Basically I drive and passed last month, and parked my car in the car park. I accidentally scuffed a car while parking. I've left a note on the other car and there were a couple of other people there who were really nice and calmed me down as I started crying as I feel really bad. I'm now currently standing in the uni toilets as I can't face going into class as I started crying again as I feel so bad and I can't seem to calm down any advice on how to stop this :'(? The crying I mean. I feel super bad
    You did everything you should have. Note plus contact details.
    They can contact you if they wish and presumably you are prepared to pay for the damage?

Might be much cheaper if you paid instead of claiming as the rise in premiums could be expensive.

Presumably you took a photo?

No point crying, accidents happen and theres no more you could have done at the time.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    You did everything you should have. Note plus contact details.
    They can contact you if they wish and presumably you are prepared to pay for the damage?

Might be much cheaper if you paid instead of claiming as the rise in premiums could be expensive.

Presumably you took a photo?

No point crying, accidents happen and theres no more you could have done at the time.
    Yeah I am prepared to pay out of my own pocket, but I'm not wanting to go through the insurance.

Oh bugger, didn't think to take a photo I was so annoyed with myself for causing the scuff I didn't think to take a picture :'(
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah I am prepared to pay out of my own pocket, but I'm not wanting to go through the insurance.

Oh bugger, didn't think to take a photo I was so annoyed with myself for causing the scuff I didn't think to take a picture :'(
    Last month could be anything from a few days ago to 4 weeks. I'd have thought they would have contacted you in 48 hours or maybe they are getting a quote?

Things happen. You might as well prpepare in your mind and outs some money aside for when they do contact. If it was a uni car park, then maybe they are another student. Presumably you took the licence down and the names of other witnesses?
    Did you leave the licence number of your own car? If not then the only way to contact you is via the note so.

Put it to one side. Crying isnt worth it.
    You take the details of any witnesses?

Last month could be anything from a few days ago to 4 weeks. I'd have thought they would have contacted you in 48 hours or maybe they are getting a quote?

Things happen. You might as well prpepare in your mind and outs some money aside for when they do contact. If it was a uni car park, then maybe they are another student. Presumably you took the licence down and the names of other witnesses?
    Did you leave the licence number of your own car? If not then the only way to contact you is via the note so.

Put it to one side. Crying isnt worth it.
    You take the details of any witnesses?
    I'm just waiting for the person to contact me (if they want to). The people who came over didn't hand over details :/ and no to the license just left them the note. And yeah just mentally preparing myself for the price. So really just have to see if they contact me really.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I'm just waiting for the person to contact me (if they want to). The people who came over didn't hand over details :/ and no to the license just left them the note. And yeah just mentally preparing myself for the price. So really just have to see if they contact me really.
    Have you left the toilet btw and have you stopped crying?
    Have you told your parents or anyone you trust?

This is where the oic would have been useful as you could have got some quotes.
    Do they know you are a student? Maybe the right time tio do the crying is when they contact you? As they dont have your licence plate then it makes it more difficult. the only evidence they have is the note you left them.

Have you left the toilet btw and have you stopped crying?
    Have you told your parents or anyone you trust?

This is where the oic would have been useful as you could have got some quotes.
    Do they know you are a student? Maybe the right time tio do the crying is when they contact you? As they dont have your licence plate then it makes it more difficult. the only evidence they have is the note you left them.
    Yeah I've stopped crying and I'm out of the toilets and no haven't told anyone yet.

Yeah exactly. But if their car is still there by the time I'm out of uni and back at the car park then I'll get a picture ! And yeah exactly.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah I've stopped crying and I'm out of the toilets and no haven't told anyone yet.

Yeah exactly. But if their car is still there by the time I'm out of uni and back at the car park then I'll get a picture ! And yeah exactly.
    Why would the car still be there if the collision happened last month?
    Try and get a Christmas job to build a little extra cash.

Why would the car still be there if the collision happened last month?
    Try and get a Christmas job to build a little extra cash.
    Just realised I don't think I made my 1st post clear enough (apologies) I passed my test last month and it happened today :/! I have a job already but looking for another
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just realised I don't think I made my 1st post clear enough (apologies) I passed my test last month and it happened today :/! I have a job already but looking for another
    Its a bit dark now. id have gone back and got a photo that way its proof and you could get quotes.

was it a new car? I expect they will call you within 72 hours. Its going to cost just be prepared in your mind. Stuff happens. You didnt run anyone over. Some extra shifts and you should be fine. If you see the car again take a photo.

Its a bit dark now. id have gone back and got a photo that way its proof and you could get quotes.

was it a new car? I expect they will call you within 72 hours. Its going to cost just be prepared in your mind. Stuff happens. You didnt run anyone over. Some extra shifts and you should be fine. If you see the car again take a photo.
    Yeah wish I had :/ but hoping the car is still there when I head back and use the flash on the phone. I don't think their car is new. Yeah exactly :/
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah wish I had :/ but hoping the car is still there when I head back and use the flash on the phone. I don't think their car is new. Yeah exactly :/
    I am trying to show you how its the shock and you being overhwlemed that was making your cry. Once you have a cup of tea and a biscuit, then break it down, it becomes a matter of having to do x number of shifts to pay for it. Not good, but manageable. The thing to avoid is insurance because as a new driver your premiums will rocket.

I am trying to show you how its the shock and you being overhwlemed that was making your cry. Once you have a cup of tea and a biscuit, then break it down, it becomes a matter of having to do x number of shifts to pay for it. Not good, but manageable. The thing to avoid is insurance because as a new driver your premiums will rocket.
    Yeah I know just can't believe I done something stupid :/ I'll just have to see if I get contacted, and if I do I hope they don't get my insurance involved. Hopefully they will let me just pay and that be done with.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah I know just can't believe I done something stupid :/ I'll just have to see if I get contacted, and if I do I hope they don't get my insurance involved. Hopefully they will let me just pay and that be done with.
    Things happen and if thats the most stupid thing you ever do , then consider yourself very fortunate.

Fortunately you didnt give them your plate? Did you give them your address or just your phone? If you limited the info then they are reliant on you. Did you take down their licence plate? Do take a pic if you see it again, then you can get some quotes. Was it a bad scratch or a dent?

Things happen and if thats the most stupid thing you ever do , then consider yourself very fortunate.

Fortunately you didnt give them your plate? Did you give them your address or just your phone? If you limited the info then they are reliant on you. Did you take down their licence plate? Do take a pic if you see it again, then you can get some quotes. Was it a bad scratch or a dent?
    No I didn't leave them my number plate. I only gave them my mobile number. Luckily, when I walked back to the car park the car was still there, So I took a picture of both the number plate and what I accidentally did. Well a bit of my paint was was on there and scratches but it doesn't look too bad.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No I didn't leave them my number plate. I only gave them my mobile number. Luckily, when I walked back to the car park the car was still there, So I took a picture of both the number plate and what I accidentally did. Well a bit of my paint was was on there and scratches but it doesn't look too bad.
    Thats a resut you cna probably get some quotes off of that to get an idea.

Thats a resut you cna probably get some quotes off of that to get an idea.
    Yeah exactly

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.