Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hei Hei,

I recently started an Access course and I plan to apply for Universities within the UK - Starting September 2017.

I have a question regarding Access to HE grading...

Does anybody know the percentages for the grading in Pass, Merit and Distinction?

So, for example would I have to achieve say a 70% mark in a particular Unit in order for it to be classed a merit ect?

Help for a new user appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    On my course it was graded at 70 for a distinction, 60 for a merit and 50 for a pass. 70 was the highest mark available on all the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    On my course it was graded at 70 for a distinction, 60 for a merit and 50 for a pass. 70 was the highest mark available on all the coursework.
    Thank for the reply.

Can I ask what Access course subject you took? And was it related to your possible degree choices in anyway? (If that's the direction you took)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gundo10)
    Thank for the reply.

Can I ask what Access course subject you took? And was it related to your possible degree choices in anyway? (If that's the direction you took)
    I did Access to Computing and I'm now doing Computer Science at uni, so yeah about as related as you can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gundo10)
    Hei Hei,

I recently started an Access course and I plan to apply for Universities within the UK - Starting September 2017.

I have a question regarding Access to HE grading...

Does anybody know the percentages for the grading in Pass, Merit and Distinction?

So, for example would I have to achieve say a 70% mark in a particular Unit in order for it to be classed a merit ect?

Help for a new user appreciated!
    Hello, I'm doing an Access to Science course and my Maths assignments are graded at 80% a distinction and 60% a merit. Not sure about any other subjects though!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.