The Student Room Group

North London Collegiate 6th Form Examinations

Scroll to see replies

Lol im doing the exam tomorrow for chem,bio and physics any last minute tips??? Was it hard cos i revised only a bit didnt want to stress too much lol
Original post by cooljimin
Heya! In terms of subjects like history, do you know what preparation do you need specifically? I took it in year 10 and got a nine but I have forgotten a lot of the content so I am not sure if I should bother choosing that as a topic to be examined for the tests. I am planning to do physics, maths and history. And roughly, do you know how many people apply for the sixth form in the first place/ success per application? Say, I don't perform well in one the tests but the other two are good, could I still get in? Sorry for bombarding with questions, I am blinded to how the application system works :smile:

They take around 25 students from external schools
Hey I was wondering for the interviews what sort of questions do they ask??
I was just wondering the same thing... i'm really nervous
Heyyy, can you please tell me what they asked you on the interviews? Are the interviews gonna be based on subjects knowledge or just general questions? What did they ask you on?
Hi. Has anyone got their offers yet for nlcs? They said it would come on Friday but no one that I know has received it yet?
Hi
I too am wondering if anybody had an offer letter from NLCS. A yes or no should have landed on our door mat or inbox on Saturday!
If anybody has can you please reply.
Thank you !
Hi
Anybody? Had an offer ?
hey, did anyone get a place at NLCS?
Hey there!
For people who ended up going to NLCS sixth form, how is the sixth form life and stuff?
Is it really worth it?
Original post by ellie1102
hey, did anyone get a place at NLCS?

Yhh
Original post by Chubbynoel
Hey there!
For people who ended up going to NLCS sixth form, how is the sixth form life and stuff?
Is it really worth it?

Hi, what do you mean by is it worth it? I know that sixth form life at NLCS can be full on with studies as A Levels are a big jump from GCSEs.
You must have accepted a place by now for 2019 entry? Also depends whether you are doing IB or A Levels also. Life at the school is pretty much very busy from the very younger years. Lots to keep you busy at this school.
I guess Sixth Form life is pretty much what you make of it. Hoping you have a good set of friends, have a good balance between socials and academics and make the most of the opportunities that are provided there for you. Sixth Form anywhere will be challenging. Smaller class sizes are of benefit as are like minded girls. If you have chosen to go there then I’m sure you have thought it out well and done some research. Good Luck and hope you enjoy your time there.
Original post by Itsnotoveryet2
Hi, what do you mean by is it worth it? I know that sixth form life at NLCS can be full on with studies as A Levels are a big jump from GCSEs.
You must have accepted a place by now for 2019 entry? Also depends whether you are doing IB or A Levels also. Life at the school is pretty much very busy from the very younger years. Lots to keep you busy at this school.
I guess Sixth Form life is pretty much what you make of it. Hoping you have a good set of friends, have a good balance between socials and academics and make the most of the opportunities that are provided there for you. Sixth Form anywhere will be challenging. Smaller class sizes are of benefit as are like minded girls. If you have chosen to go there then I’m sure you have thought it out well and done some research. Good Luck and hope you enjoy your time there.

Thank you!!!
I'm doing a levels
But I was just wondering what sort of oppurtunities and stuff do they give for like uni help and just in general?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Hey,
I applied last year and got a place at NLCS but didn't end up going.
If anyone wants advice/encouragement or anything similar for the interview, feel free to ask and I will try and help as much as I can! (Either on here or by PMing)

which sky did u end up going to?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Hey,
I applied last year and got a place at NLCS but didn't end up going.
If anyone wants advice/encouragement or anything similar for the interview, feel free to ask and I will try and help as much as I can! (Either on here or by PMing)

where did you end up going???-what sky offer did u take???

Quick Reply

Latest