Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been to france ? If yes , did you like it or not ? if no, would you like to visit france one day ?

ReputationRep:
    Nope never been. would go someday but there are plenty of other places I want to go to first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruth199)
    Have you ever been to france ? If yes , did you like it or not ? if no, would you like to visit france one day ?
    I'm not long back from Paris and I have to say, I was impressed beyond what I expected. I enjoy the buzz and pace of London so I was expecting to be relatively bored in Paris - yet I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a beautiful city with loads to offer in terms of bars and restaurants - and steeped in history (particularly the Opera House and Catacombs among a host of other things). It's perhaps one of the only foreign cities I've ever been to where I could see myself living there.

The people weren't the friendliest and didn't know how to queue for things (in McDonald's for example - where if the next counter became available the person behind you would walk over) but I felt this is culture more than ignorance. Of course Disneyland Paris was fantastic (nothing on Florida, but its own entity - not a rip off like I expected).

We're planning Nice next year as a quick getaway on the back of this trip to France actually. If you haven't been - I highly recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    i spent my summer hols in France the last 7 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    I'm not long back from Paris and I have to say, I was impressed beyond what I expected. I enjoy the buzz and pace of London so I was expecting to be relatively bored in Paris - yet I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a beautiful city with loads to offer in terms of bars and restaurants - and steeped in history (particularly the Opera House and Catacombs among a host of other things). It's perhaps one of the only foreign cities I've ever been to where I could see myself living there.

The people weren't the friendliest and didn't know how to queue for things (in McDonald's for example - where if the next counter became available the person behind you would walk over) but I felt this is culture more than ignorance. Of course Disneyland Paris was fantastic (nothing on Florida, but its own entity - not a rip off like I expected).

We're planning Nice next year as a quick getaway on the back of this trip to France actually. If you haven't been - I highly recommend it!
    I've ever been to Paris, Nantes and ajaccio, i agree with you Paris is beautiful,, lots of things to do, lot of cultural things,

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in Paris for a year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i spent my summer hols in France the last 7 years.
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    I'm currently living in Paris for a year!
    Did you like it ?

ReputationRep:

were going to paris in feb next year eek! iv never been before either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    You'll absolutely love it! The Montparnasse area is quite cool for something other than the typical culture of Central Paris - live bands, Irish bars, sex shops and the like - it's also where Moulin Rouge is actually.

And check out Moonshiner too - a great little speakeasy bar hidden behind the fridge door in a pizza diner!

ReputationRep:
    You'll absolutely love it! The Montparnasse area is quite cool for something other than the typical culture of Central Paris - live bands, Irish bars, sex shops and the like - it's also where Moulin Rouge is actually.

And check out Moonshiner too - a great little speakeasy bar hidden behind the fridge door in a pizza diner!
    oo sounds good!
    what is the best method of getting around? i want to go to all the tourist spots but what line, bus etc is best to take?
    oh wow thats so cool!!

ReputationRep:
    The Moulin Rouge is in the Montmartre area, not Montparnasse. I lived in Paris for just over a year. I was a professional dancer at the Moulin Rouge. [That's me, in one of my costumes]. An utterly beautiful city, especially at night. Probably the best year of my life.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Paris.

ReputationRep:
    oo sounds good!
    what is the best method of getting around? i want to go to all the tourist spots but what line, bus etc is best to take?
    oh wow thats so cool!!
    Montemarte area! The poster above is correct... I knew it was mont something - autocorrect done the rest haha! Montparnasse was actually where we went to the top of a tower to take in the skyline with the Eiffle Tower!

Metro is the most efficient way of getting around! You can't get around without using it really... And no particular line is great - each will involve moving from one to another in order to get somewhete.

You can download a Paris Metro app on to your smartphone that'll keep you right!

ReputationRep:
    Did you like it ?
    Yeah I love it, it's such a great city with a wealth of things to do. You will not get bored!
    Any specific questions about the city, feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    You'll like it, it's a great city, if you have any questions about Paris, you can ask, i'll try to answer you

Yeah I love it, it's such a great city with a wealth of things to do. You will not get bored!
    Any specific questions about the city, feel free to ask!
    What is for you, the best place in paris ?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! That is such a hard question. I might have to give you a couple, because it is difficult to narrow it down.

-I love Montmartre-this is a really pretty, though quite touristy part of Paris on top of a hill. It has the Sacre-Coeur Basilica, but also lots of beautiful narrow cobbled streets with shops and restaurants to walk around and explore. If it's a nice day you can sit on the steps by Sacre-Coeur and look at the view while you eat or drink something!

-Pere Lachaise is a really interesting place to visit. It's this massive graveyard where lots of people (including many famous people) are buried. I know it might seem strange to recommend a graveyard as a good place to visit, but it really is fantastic! I 100% would go and see it if you have time. it's also free, which is a bonus if you're trying to travel cheaply.

Those would be my top 2 places, but other awesome places/things to do are:
    -Walk along the banks of the Seine
    -All of the art galleries and museums. The Louvre is the obvious choice, but Centre Pompidou is fab, as are the Petit Palais and Grand Palais.
    -if you like books, visit Shakespeare and co., it's a fab old English bookshop with a great history
    -Eiffel Tower is obvious, but really brilliant. If you go book in advance to avoid queues

Hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! That is such a hard question. I might have to give you a couple, because it is difficult to narrow it down.

-I love Montmartre-this is a really pretty, though quite touristy part of Paris on top of a hill. It has the Sacre-Coeur Basilica, but also lots of beautiful narrow cobbled streets with shops and restaurants to walk around and explore. If it's a nice day you can sit on the steps by Sacre-Coeur and look at the view while you eat or drink something!

-Pere Lachaise is a really interesting place to visit. It's this massive graveyard where lots of people (including many famous people) are buried. I know it might seem strange to recommend a graveyard as a good place to visit, but it really is fantastic! I 100% would go and see it if you have time. it's also free, which is a bonus if you're trying to travel cheaply.

Those would be my top 2 places, but other awesome places/things to do are:
    -Walk along the banks of the Seine
    -All of the art galleries and museums. The Louvre is the obvious choice, but Centre Pompidou is fab, as are the Petit Palais and Grand Palais.
    -if you like books, visit Shakespeare and co., it's a fab old English bookshop with a great history
    -Eiffel Tower is obvious, but really brilliant. If you go book in advance to avoid queues

Hope that helps a bit
    Yeah it help, i agree with you for the museum, they are fantastic, for the culture, it's really great. Eiffel tower, beautiful, but as you said lots of peoples want to see it so you will often have to wait your turn.

ReputationRep:
    Montemarte area! The poster above is correct... I knew it was mont something - autocorrect done the rest haha! Montparnasse was actually where we went to the top of a tower to take in the skyline with the Eiffle Tower!

Metro is the most efficient way of getting around! You can't get around without using it really... And no particular line is great - each will involve moving from one to another in order to get somewhete.

You can download a Paris Metro app on to your smartphone that'll keep you right!
    ok coolio thanks! sounds good

You'll like it, it's a great city, if you have any questions about Paris, you can ask, i'll try to answer you

ok thankyou!
    iv heard of the pick pockets obviously, where it more known for it? im vigilant but id like to be extra careful in those spots!
    is there anywhere for kids? is there a zoo anywhere?
    where is kid friendly for dinner? its me, my kids, my bf and my dad going paris

ReputationRep:
    ok coolio thanks! sounds good

ok thankyou!
    iv heard of the pick pockets obviously, where it more known for it? im vigilant but id like to be extra careful in those spots!
    is there anywhere for kids? is there a zoo anywhere?
    where is kid friendly for dinner? its me, my kids, my bf and my dad going paris

Yeah the pickpocket are mainly at the metro. For kids you have disneyland, the " parc asterix, playmobil museum for example. yes there are zoo like the menagerie du jardin des plantes ( not exactly a zoo but you have animals. Well for dinner it depend, there are so many places for that in paris

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the pickpocket are mainly at the metro. For kids you have disneyland, the " parc asterix, playmobil museum for example. yes there are zoo like the menagerie du jardin des plantes ( not exactly a zoo but you have animals. Well for dinner it depend, there are so many places for that in paris
    ok thankyou
    is the zoo thing in paris or further out?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.