Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for this thread.
    I'm an international mature student(Korean,23)
    Maybe I apply mathematics course, but I study management at my uni(3rd year) and my GPA is not good. so I really want to know how uni's GPA is important?
    and most Korean apply foreign unis, they take SAT&AP. I'll take sat&sat2(math2, spanish, world history etc...), but AP is only for high schoolers in Korea. In this case what is the best way to replace AP? Also, is there any student just take SAT&STEP? If so, what score do i need? and how many mature students studying mathematics(each colleges)? This is last question. I contacted DRC,they said i'm eligible for international disabled fund. Does IDF aid financial support to me like tuition fees or living cost?

Sorry, I'm not good at English..........
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by un_leader)
    Hi, thanks for this thread.
    I'm an international mature student(Korean,23)
    Maybe I apply mathematics course, but I study management at my uni(3rd year) and my GPA is not good. so I really want to know how uni's GPA is important?
    and most Korean apply foreign unis, they take SAT&AP. I'll take sat&sat2(math2, spanish, world history etc...), but AP is only for high schoolers in Korea. In this case what is the best way to replace AP? Also, is there any student just take SAT&STEP? If so, what score do i need? and how many mature students studying mathematics(each colleges)? This is last question. I contacted DRC,they said i'm eligible for international disabled fund. Does IDF aid financial support to me like tuition fees or living cost?

Sorry, I'm not good at English..........
    Firstly, your English needs to good to be accepted by Cambridge.
    http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...e-requirements

Are you considering applying for undergraduate or postgraduate Maths? If it's undergraduate you will need, typically, 1,1 in STEP II and III.

Plus this page gives you info about South Korean applications:
    http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/southkorea

However as far as I know you may have visa problems if you are considering applying for a 2nd undergraduate degree.

You should probably contact the mature colleges for more info:
    * Lucy Cavendish (women only)
    * Hughes Hall
    * St Edmund's
    * Wolfson

Note that mature students have a later deadline for applications: 1st March 2017

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.