The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Can't go much longer tbh. Thrones withdrawal symptoms are killing me. Need the trailer ASAP.

Watching them all on boxsets again.

So hyped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone see BTS slay at the Billboards last night?
Explosion outside Manchester Arena after Ariana Grande concert.

So far over 20 confirmed fatalities and hundreds injured.

Goddamit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5203
Original post by Lúcio
Explosion outside Manchester Arena after Ariana Grande concert.

So far over 20 confirmed fatalities and hundreds injured.

Goddamit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anniversary of Lee Rigby murder btw. Probably them guys who are responsible. Heart goes out to the people affected.

Tbh I don't understand how the counter terrorism unit are able to stop terrorist plots. Again nothing stops a guy/girl from making a nail bomb and putting it in a public place. Like you gotta be doing it on a pretty widescale or pretty dumb in general if MI5 are catching you.
(edited 6 years ago)
UKIP'ers are out in force tonight. Events like this bring out the worst in people especially in Twitter.

I thought FT was bad enough. These people make @FinallyFirmino look harmless.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Anniversary of Lee Rigby murder btw. Probably them guys who are responsible. Heart goes out to the people affected.

Tbh I don't understand how the counter terrorism unit are able to stop terrorist plots. Again nothing stops a guy/girl from making a nail bomb and putting it in a public place. Like you gotta be doing it on a pretty widescale or pretty dumb in general if MI5 are catching you.

Yeah it's very hard to see it coming for those reasons. Its sad to see. My younger brother likes going to concerts too, grateful he wasn't there today.

Thoughts go out to those affected.
(edited 6 years ago)
Apparently it was ground based going on the injuries many have sustained, you'd have to expect that many could have been killed from shrapnel and potentially stampedes and trampling in the panic to get out.

Also means the suspect/s could still be out there ffs
Absolutely mortifying to be honest. I was just having a discussion yesterday with a friend about the fear of being in areas with a lot of people standing around.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Apparently it was ground based going on the injuries many have sustained, you'd have to expect that many could have been killed from shrapnel and potentially stampedes and trampling in the panic to get out.

Also means the suspect/s could still be out there ffs

It's now been confirmed that the attacker killed himself with the explosion...

Damn this is horrible, they were little girls man.
It's incredibly sad when you think that no other animal in the world is capable of doing this.

Humans are the scum of this world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anything more dull than someone making the "deport all Muslims" statement? Pretty sure the majority of terrorist acts over the past few years carried out in Europe have been done so by European nationals
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Would you know how to make a nail bomb? Its probably in this stage of either learning or collecting the materials that they are going to be caught.
Reply 5212
Original post by Fizzel
Would you know how to make a nail bomb? Its probably in this stage of either learning or collecting the materials that they are going to be caught.

There are other bombs that someone could probably make which wouldn't arouse suspicion as the ingredients are readily available for other purposes. Plus if it is a suicide bomber wouldn't even have to worry about time detonating bombs.

Im sure typing how to make a nail bomb in google would get mi5 on your arse quicker than you can say isis but there's probably more conspicuous ways to do so.
(edited 6 years ago)
There hasn't been a terrorist attack here of this nature since the London bombings over a decade ago which just shows how difficult it is to carry out the attack before getting caught (and credit to our security services for keeping it that way). But one was bound to happen at some point given there is only so much the security services can do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5214
****ing state of this world
I use that station every day and on my train home yesterday/when I arrived at the station the place was absolutely full of kids off to the concert. It's absolutely horrifying to think that some of them might not have made it home.
Concert ffs.
****ed up man.

Glad to see the response from the city. Love Manchester.
United need to stand up tomorrow, like Manchester has done today.

Peace.
We'll win it for the city of Manchester

In before we lose and I get a page full of quotes mocking me
Reply 5219
Terror threat level been raised to critical, and 5000 troops to be deployed on streets

Latest