The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bit bored of the whole terrorism discussion so gonna bring it back to the non-iron shirts one

The problem with non-iron shirts is the price. My requirements in a shirt are 100% cotton, oxford or pinpoint in the winter and poplin in the summer, french cuffed and slim fitted. I like more formal collars too. Good seams, strong buttooffns.

What's the cheapest that you can find a non-iron shirt with all of those requirements? £20 a pop, and that's if you're lucky, on sale. I bought 10 conventional (ie, not non-iron) shirts from a reputable store for £93.50 last summer. To be honest, I'm fine with ironing in the morning when my hair is drying.

edit: TK Maxx is lowkey acceptable for formal wear. Seen absolute bargains in the suits/blazers and overcoats sections. Not sure how lean I'm gonna be after summer so I held off, plus if I buy a tight fit one then I know that I'll be regretting it in the winter. Picked up a few crackers lately though, River Island had a price malfunction and got a nice woolmix for £8, will need tucking in at the waist though. Also copped a Bellfield off ebay for £12, tags still on it. Buying coats out of season is legit the one. Suits/shirt sales post summer and xmas are also mad
Reply 5261
@Angry cucumber and any other fitness/gym enthusiasts. How are you guys with motivation during gym sessions?

Also what muscle groups/lifts have you been lagging behind on recently?
Finally if anyone does running on a regular basis, what is your weekly mileage?

@Wilfred Little was just asking the classical music thing because I tend to listen to it late at night, makes my mind wonder a lot.

Who do you listen to?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
@Angry cucumber and any other fitness/gym enthusiasts. How are you guys with motivation during gym sessions?

Pretty awesome tbh man. No better feeling than making that last rep of that last set and losing all your form while doing it.
Reply 5263
True, the best ones are the ones where you thought it was the failure rep yet you still found a way to push that final rep.

Also, anybody focusing on vascularity for the summer?
May have gone a bit over the top with my suggestion on how to prevent terrorism having calmed down now. It was pretty raw at the time. Kind of got an idea of the plot of GoT from the trailer but not sure what happens in which order. The 1st episode of the new season normally picks up straight from the end of last season, so I imagine it will be Daenerys landing at dragonstone. Looks like Casterly rock is getting attacked, and then a big battle in an open field with Dothraki although no idea how/when it all goes down. Will Jon go to dragonstone before this happens or after? Cause we also see him in what looks like beyond the wall, as well as all the stuff in Winterfell with littlefinger. Euron attacks Theon and Yara it seems, although it's hard to predict when that happens. They didn't even mention Bran/Meera and the Brotherhood without Banners. Thoughts @Rk2k14 @SA-1
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
May have gone a bit over the top with my suggestion on how to prevent terrorism having calmed down now. It was pretty raw at the time. Kind of got an idea of the plot of GoT from the trailer but not sure what happens in which order. The 1st episode of the new season normally picks up straight from the end of last season, so I imagine it will be Daenerys landing at dragonstone. Looks like Casterly rock is getting attacked, and then a big battle in an open field with Dothraki although no idea how/when it all goes down. Will Jon go to dragonstone before this happens or after? Cause we also see him in what looks like beyond the wall, as well as all the stuff in Winterfell with littlefinger. Euron attacks Theon and Yara it seems, although it's hard to predict when that happens. They didn't even mention Bran/Meera and the Brotherhood without Banners. Thoughts @Rk2k14 @SA-1

Yeah I think its Casterly Rock they attack and I suspect that was part of Tyion's plan. Rob planned to do it as well early on in the show but it never amounted to anything. They'll probably show some more bits in the 2nd trailer.

Spoiler

Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah I think its Casterly Rock they attack and I suspect that was part of Tyion's plan. Rob planned to do it as well early on in the show but it never amounted to anything. They'll probably show some more bits in the 2nd trailer.

Spoiler

Makes sense. Another possibility is that they go beyond the wall looking for Bran, although it's unlikely as he's practically at the wall now. He definitely wasn't as far north as Jon and co. are in the trailers.
When is the new GoT season meant to be out? Feels like last season was forever ago.

That's the problem with having short seasons. It's over quickly and then the wait is longer so I feel like you start losing some of the hype/momentum.
Original post by Zerforax
When is the new GoT season meant to be out? Feels like last season was forever ago.

That's the problem with having short seasons. It's over quickly and then the wait is longer so I feel like you start losing some of the hype/momentum.

July 16th I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope I'm wrong but I think season 7 will be even better than season 8. So many different plots coming together in season 7, whereas season 8 will just be everyone vs White Walkers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Leeds United doing a Leeds United. Was nice being stable for a day ffs
Original post by bammy jastard 27

Also what muscle groups/lifts have you been lagging behind on recently?
Finally if anyone does running on a regular basis, what is your weekly mileage?

@Wilfred Little was just asking the classical music thing because I tend to listen to it late at night, makes my mind wonder a lot.

Who do you listen to?

I swear down you ask these same questions every month.
Jam when he's reading zKlown's replies

Reply 5274
cc am well angry.
That "Walkers Wave" thing on Twitter was so bad :lol: Gary Lineker holding up portraits of Harold Shipman, Rolf Harris, Ian Huntley etc.

It's 2017 and people still don't realise you can't trust the internet with anything automated.
There is honestly nothing I hate more than these Snapchat hoes. Basic AF all of them.

Literally getting mad at me for not continuing a stupid streak lool smfh welcome to 2017 :facepalm2:
Imagine coming on TSR to say that

Not liking the ramped up security on base now. Of course I understand it's necessary, but I'm sick of getting my car searched every time I go out to get shopping or something.

Randomly picking people for armed guard too, 6am starts **** that, glad I'm going on det. Leave this shitstorm behind for 6 months

Original post by The Wavefunction
Leeds United doing a Leeds United. Was nice being stable for a day ffs

Searching for a 9th manager in 3 years. Ridiculous really.
Original post by SentryE3D

Searching for a 9th manager in 3 years. Ridiculous really.

My money is on Karanka. Not fussed on him but he'll do. My top choice would be Jokanovic, but can't see him leaving Fulham. Would also like Clotet to be given a chance.

Latest