The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shawshank will always go down as the best movie of all time
Hipster opinions smh.
Reply 8902
Inb4 Tk posts with a ‘sheep’ comment
In b4 Kenan suggests some dubbed anime nonsense
I think I prefer Shawshank over the Godfather.
Shawshank is a brilliant movie from start to finish. Can't say the same about The Godfather. Think I prefer Goodfellas to The Godfather if anything.
Original post by AR_95
Shawshank is a brilliant movie from start to finish. Can't say the same about The Godfather. Think I prefer Goodfellas to The Godfather if anything.

Agree with it all. That film gets going pretty early on.

I see a lot of people say that Shawshank is overrated and a bit of an obvious choice but I don't really see why. It is ranked very highly on these 'best of' type film lists, and maybe people are put off by the constant praise it receives.

I would strongly recommend Into The Wild for the guys who agree with some of the films I posted by the way. Based on a true story about an American guy who graduates from Emory University (thought it was Harvard, just checked and it wasn't :confused:) and abandons his previous life to go traveling and live in the wild. Burns his car, donates his savings to charity and just goes without telling his family.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S.G.
Godfather IMDb rating: 9.2/10
Shawshank IMDb rating: 9.3/10

Hold this L.

Seriously I just preferred Shawshank to Godfather. I felt it was easy to zone out in Godfather.

Imagine using IMDB as an argument here, most of people leaving ratings on there are morons

Why do I have to keep schooling you guys on everything man, Shawshank greatest film ever - imagine actually having such a rookie opinion
Reply 8908
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Imagine using IMDB as an argument here, most of people leaving ratings on there are morons

Why do I have to keep schooling you guys on everything man, Shawshank greatest film ever - imagine actually having such a rookie opinion

The IMDb rating thing was a joke bro.

Much like your choice in films or any multimedia
Type of guys to say BB>GoT, The Wire.
@AR_95
Ngannu hype train comes to an end.

UFC and Dana White showed mad disrespect to Stipe.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Problem with IMDB is so many films are just franchises now, so whenever anything comes out all the fanboys & fangirls will vote for it.
Original post by Rk2k14
@AR_95

Stipe absolutely man handled him. Very disappointing to see just how one dimensional Ngannou is after all the hype. Cormier delivered the goods though.
Imagine actually being strange enough to spend time researching reviews on films and extensively comparing it against others instead of just watching what you like and what you think looks good
Imagine not mentioning Bourne in this discussion.
Reply 8915
Original post by zKlown

It has.
Bourne is overrated af.

Got nothing on the recent Bond films.
Original post by Rk2k14
@AR_95

Didn't really understand the hype myself. The guy is a monster and clearly has 'heavy hands' but technically even as a striker he's hardly solid.

Surprised this basic film discussion hasn't featured the Departed yet.
Original post by Fizzel
Didn't really understand the hype myself. The guy is a monster and clearly has 'heavy hands' but technically even as a striker he's hardly solid.

Surprised this basic film discussion hasn't featured the Departed yet.

Tbf his story is remarkable. Homeless guy to UFC fighter making half a mill on the main card in 5 years.

The guy is built to last 1 round though. Stipe took him to deep waters and drowned him. Looked really out of his depth in the latter rounds, especially on the ground.

Stipe's reaction post fight highlighted how he felt about the situation.

Distinct lack of Scorsese. Taxi Driver/Raging Bull?
Original post by zKlown

Imagine mentioning Bourne.

Latest