The Student Room Group

When to start revising for a levels and what is the most successful way of doing it

Hey!

I'm new here and I just wanted to ask a question about how people revise for their a levels and what's the best methods. I know that everyone varies but at the moment any advice would help as I am in a dilemma of how and when to start.

I am doing biology, chemistry and geography a levels.
I have done an AS in goegpraphy but for biology and chemistry they are both linear so we do exams for AS and A2 at the end of the two years. (Scary I know!)

I wanted some advice about how to revise for these subjects specifically but also when to start and what the best methods are.

I am hoping for at least AAB or ABB at the end of my a levels so any advice would be great.

Also if you've done your a levels and did similar subjects let me know what you got and it would be great if you oculus let me know as to how you guys revise.

Original post by Random_Student
Hey!

I'm new here and I just wanted to ask a question about how people revise for their a levels and what's the best methods. I know that everyone varies but at the moment any advice would help as I am in a dilemma of how and when to start.

I am doing biology, chemistry and geography a levels.
I have done an AS in goegpraphy but for biology and chemistry they are both linear so we do exams for AS and A2 at the end of the two years. (Scary I know!)

I wanted some advice about how to revise for these subjects specifically but also when to start and what the best methods are.

I am hoping for at least AAB or ABB at the end of my a levels so any advice would be great.

Also if you've done your a levels and did similar subjects let me know what you got and it would be great if you oculus let me know as to how you guys revise.

We have this subject in bold in common.

My chemistry is as cancerous as can be, it's ****ing horrendous, still working on it.

Right now (wish i started earlier) I'm making notes on the topic we do each lesson. I whap out my revision guide see which bit of the course he taught us in that lesson an make notes which I UNDERSTAND from the resources given in class and the interwebs and my revision guide.

So i guess for me since i'm achieving D grades in chem i'm revising from now till exams, i guess you could loosen up a bit but don't forget to keep going over stuff. Especially the test for anything you learned in AS. i.e carboxyllic acids aldehydes, ketones all that good stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest