Turn on thread page Beta

The Witcher or The Elder Scrolls? Which is the BEST FRANCHISE? watch

ReputationRep:
    They seem the same kind of gme to me, both high fantasy and medieval.

But which one is best?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Witcher is more linear, Elder Scrolls games can get a bit WoW-y in that there are millions and billions of little side quests that just give you cool loots/are funny little storylines. Both are awesome <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    They seem the same kind of gme to me, both high fantasy and medieval.

But which one is best?
    The Witcher series is more narrative driven (and it's a narrative aimed at more mature audiences), it's still open world but you're playing with a pre-designed character using the same types of weapons, skills etc. Elder Scrolls games pretty much give you a blank slate of a character and you have free reign over the style of play you want to take and they will all play in a distinct, unique way. For example you could do one playthrough as a "classic" knight with sword, shield and heavy armour, and the way you'd approach the game would be significantly different if you then started playing as a thief, necromancer or bare-knuckle boxer. The quality of the storytelling is always a bit choppy in Elder Scrolls games, nowhere near the quality of the Witcher series, but there's always a shedload of stuff to do and every play through feels different.

I'd say if you want the best story possible to enjoy, go with a Witcher game. If you want maximum variety and stuff to do, go Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    Both are amazing but I'd personally have to say Elder Scrolls is the best. The games have drawn me in more, both with gameplay, quests and back stories than any of the Witcher games ever did and I found the most enjoyment in the ES series.

ReputationRep:
    Elder Scrolls is more of a sandbox, and each of their games are good in their own right.

- Morrowind was particularly great at being "alien", a world of discovery.
    - Oblivion was quite open and had a lot of interesting quests.
    - Skyrim improved a lot from it's predecessors, but it's story was lackluster and it didn't catch my attention well.
    All can be improved vastly with mods though!

The Witcher 3 is open-world but it's more narrative-driven. It's a very high quality game and I wholeheartedly recommend it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Personally I'd say ES given it's the WAY better sandbox, although it would be awesome to have a more sandboxy Witcher or better narrative in ES, the narrative never feels very good.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats Skyrim.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.