Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It appears as if article 50 will not be agreed upon without wide consent among parliament -whilst most MPs do agree that we should leave- they do not agree on the terms of us leaving.

If so we could see a lot of red seats turning purple and a few blue ones going yellow.

Ukip- Super hard Brexit (completely out Asap)

Conservative- Hard Brexit (negotiated exit-but stopping free movement)

Labour/ PC/ Greens- soft Brexit (stay in the single market)

SNP- Scottish independence if no single market for Scotland.

Lib dems- No Brexit

ReputationRep:
    Labour will be ****ed and there will be an uber Conservative majority :cry:

Also the contemptuous lib dems will get a load of seats back since they know they can just pander to people who want to remain in the EU to get easy votes. They aren't trying to win an election. I want that party to die now...

UKIP will do reasonably well on the popular vote but wont get any more seats etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Also the contemptuous lib dems will get a load of seats back since they know they can just pander to people who want to remain in the EU to get easy votes. They aren't trying to win an election. I want that party to die now...
    How dare they have a consistent and principled party position...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    How dare they have a consistent and principled party position...
    They can only do that because they don't have to try and from a majority. :huff: It;s not that I donl;t think a party shouldn't stand on a remain position. It's just its the lib dems. Also from a cynical perspective they could only be campaigning on those grounds because they know there is a small vacuum for it a third party like themselves can exploit. It is a possible road back to now being a 10MP strong party... I want them to suffer though :evil:

I used to be the biggest lib dem fan before 2010. Now I want them to die. Stupid Tory enablers. Their Social Democrat routes are dead as far as I am concerned.

ReputationRep:
    They can only do that because they don't have to try and from a majority. :huff: It;s not that I donl;t think a party shouldn't stand on a remain position. It's just its the lib dems. Also from a cynical perspective they could only be campaigning on those grounds because they know there is a small vacuum for it a third party like themselves can exploit. It is a possible road back to now being a 10MP strong party... I want them to suffer though :evil:

I used to be the biggest lib dem fan before 2010. Now I want them to die. Stupid Tory enablers. Their Social Democrat routes are dead as far as I am concerned.
    Meh can't see your logic bro- labour are doomed why shouldn't they try and win some seats?

Unless it's just tribal hatred making you irrational which is fair enough.

ReputationRep:

Unless it's just tribal hatred making you irrational which is fair enough.
    There is a strong element of schadenfreude :evil:. But I wouldn't say it is tribal. I have just never wanted to vote the lib dems only for them to get the conservatives in power.

The lib dems are probably useful to me if they are not aloud in a coalition. Then they go all mushy lefty liberal.

ReputationRep:
    Why do they not listen to the fact people voted and Leave was chosen.....

SO LET'S LEAVE!

ReputationRep:
    There is a strong element of schadenfreude :evil:. But I wouldn't say it is tribal. I have just never wanted to vote the lib dems only for them to get the conservatives in power.

The lib dems are probably useful to me if they are not aloud in a coalition. Then they go all mushy lefty liberal.
    Let's test out your dislike,

If you lived in Richmond park who would you vote for?

ReputationRep:
    Let's test out your dislike,

If you lived in Richmond park who would you vote for?
    The lib dems :emo:

Will hold my nose to weaken the tiny Tory majority.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't think so, no. The time to have held a GE would have been when the Labour Party was crumbling a few months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I don't think so, no. The time to have held a GE would have been when the Labour Party was crumbling a few months ago.
    No that would rightly have been seen as opportunistic.

In any case, the Labour Party isn't exactly going from strength to strength right now is it?

ReputationRep:
    No that would rightly have been seen as opportunistic.

In any case, the Labour Party isn't exactly going from strength to strength right now is it?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I thought the highest chance of an early election would be Spring 2019 before this weeks events however i now think that there's a relatively even chance that an election could be called if the Lords refuse to play ball and hold things up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I thought the highest chance of an early election would be Spring 2019 before this weeks events however i now think that there's a relatively even chance that an election could be called if the Lords refuse to play ball and hold things up.
    I really can't see the Lords being that stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't see the Lords being that stupid.
    You can't see a huge group who oppose Brexit and don't face election trying to screw things.

The government will be lucky if the Commons does not try introduce any number of amendments (second referendum for example), let alone the Lords.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is likely that we will have a general election before 2020, but I am unsure of how much of a difference it will make.

Labour is a complete mess, the Lib Dems are making some small gains but not enough to contest the Conservatives and UKIP are still working out who their leader is.

I think if we do have an early election, the purpose it will serve will be almost meaningless. The Tories will win again, possibly with an even larger majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You can't see a huge group who oppose Brexit and don't face election trying to screw things.

The government will be lucky if the Commons does not try introduce any number of amendments (second referendum for example), let alone the Lords.
    I think they'd be mad to try

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.