Turn on thread page Beta

Just reported my neighbours to immigration because I suspect they are illegal watch

ReputationRep:
    It made me wonder...

What sort of people do the Home Office employ? Surely to work at the Home Office you can't be an illegal sympathiser

ReputationRep:
    Good. I hope if they are they get thrown out and if not I hope it is not too much of a inconvenience

ReputationRep:
    My morals are telling me no!

But my body!

My body is telling me yess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Results)
    My morals are telling me no!

But my body!

My body is telling me yess!
    😄 indeed.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    How can you tell?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Have you reported people before? What triggers you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    It made me wonder...

What sort of people do the Home Office employ? Surely to work at the Home Office you can't be an illegal sympathiser
    Did you do it by phone or online? I would be surprised if anything happened. Now if they were doing something illegal as well, other than just being illegal they might take notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flux capacitor)
    Did you do it by phone or online? I would be surprised if anything happened. Now if they were doing something illegal as well, other than just being illegal they might take notice.
    They have a 12 year old boy who isn't attending school, I mentioned that.

Oh and I did it online. Never realised it was so easy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting some abuse to get throw at the OP for this as there's plenty of luvvie lefties on here who probably think you should have put them up in your spare room instead rent free.

That said, as some of the others have said, I'd be more surprised if the Home Office does something about them rather than if it didn't. Still, if that fails you could always report them to the Daily Mail........ (kinda joking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Have you reported people before? What triggers you?
    This is the second time. Earlier in the year I reported men who I suspected of terrorist activity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    How can you tell?
    The flat is very tiny with two bedrooms, but there appears to be almost a dozen people living there. They don't even have enough keys to get in, which means they are constantly having to knock to let each other in.

There appears to be heavy smoking going on in there and there is a young (12ish) boy who doesn't go to school. The people don't speak a word of English and frankly are disrupting the peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    They have a 12 year old boy who isn't attending school, I mentioned that.

Oh and I did it online. Never realised it was so easy.
    Yes because they just ignore it. I know a person who has used it 3 times online, nothing happened.

As you mentioned the boy they might react. Send him to school or something, then give the rest of them British passports as the boy now only knows this life and has grown up here and been schooled here.

Try phoning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    I'm expecting some abuse to get throw at the OP for this as there's plenty of luvvie lefties on here who probably think you should have put them up in your spare room instead rent free.

That said, as some of the others have said, I'd be more surprised if the Home Office does something about them rather than if it didn't. Still, if that fails you could always report them to the Daily Mail........ (kinda joking)
    I was a remainer but I'm originally not British, but I can't deny the negatives so called multiculturalism has brought to the country, so many unreconciled cultural differences.

I also think sometimes it's easy to blame immigration where the law is failing. I seriously think there should be heavy penalties for people engage in antisocial behaviour.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking Brexit might actually be a good thing after all. This human rights law has caused so many problems and so much disharmony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    The flat is very tiny with two bedrooms, but there appears to be almost a dozen people living there. They don't even have enough keys to get in, which means they are constantly having to knock to let each other in.

There appears to be heavy smoking going on in there and there is a young (12ish) boy who doesn't go to school. The people don't speak a word of English and frankly are disrupting the peace.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    This is the second time. Earlier in the year I reported men who I suspected of terrorist activity.
    Outcome?

what makes u think they are illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    what makes u think they are illegal?
    it's all in the text - they don't have enough keys!

ReputationRep:
    Are they Chinese? I got kicked off another tread because I wanted something translated into English from Chinese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flux capacitor)
    Outcome?
    I did it anonymously, so I didn't find out - though the men have now moved out. Such people don't seem to stay long.

I live in a newly renovated apartment block and it's just not suitable for a certain type of people and yet if I travel several blocks down the town, I will find a ghetto where that particular type will typically congregate.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.